Vacancy: Communications Executive
- Communications Executive
- Deadline: we reserve right to close recruitment asap
- £21,000 – 24,000
- Full time
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, with flexible working policy in place
- Directorate: Communications
Penny Appeal was set up in 2009 to provide poverty relief across Asia, the Middle East and Africa by offering water solutions, organising mass feedings, supporting orphan care, and providing emergency aid. We’ve come a long way since then and have grown tremendously in the past 11 years!
We’ve transformed lives and empowered communities, helping to break the poverty cycle and build brighter futures. Over the past few years, our work has expanded and our teams have grown considerably, allowing us to launch new campaigns and work in even more crisis-hit countries. As well as strengthening communities in over 30 countries around the world, we also make it a point to support vulnerable people here in the UK, too.
Each of our projects are carefully designed to be accessible and effective. They are a wonderful blend of emergency support, short-term relief, and longer-term sustainable solutions. Our way of approaching relief means that we can save lives immediately, improve situations in the coming days and transform communities for years to come.
At Penny Appeal, people are at the heart of everything we do. Every one of our projects are tailor-made to meet the needs of those we support and benefit as many people in need as possible, in ways that cost our generous donors just a little bit of loose change each day.
Transform small change into a big difference for those who need us most
Inspired by the universal values of the Islamic faith, Penny Appeal’s mission is to serve all those in need at home and abroad
Within 5 years -
- Best in class Muslim Charity
- Sunday Times top 100 businesses to work for
- Most recognisable Muslim charity in the world
- Raise over £100 million per annum for good
- We are a British Muslim led charity
- Our HQ is in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We have approximately 160 staff based in the UK, with many more across the world
- UK staff have been working from home for the last 18 months, but we are instigating a move back a brand new office in early 2022, coupled with a new flexible working policy
- Please read our latest Annual Report here
About the role
We are seeking a Communications Executive to provide a comprehensive high calibre support to our Communications Department. You will specifically assist the Director of Communications in an administration capacity in all that they do, plus contribute to the workings of the wider team. As a result, you will ‘learn all things communications’. You will be an essential member of this small, and growing, team; ensuring we all pull together in the same direction, offer one another support and comradery, so ultimately the charity can have an even greater impact on the world.
- Provide general administrative support for the Director of Communications, such as diary management, filing, research, arranging meetings, note taking, invoicing and similar tasks
- Support the a wide range of communications activities from across the team, such as supporting the development of communications strategies, the co-ordination and implementation of communications plans, developing PR opportunities, writing press releases, liaising with journalists, generating ideas of internal comms content, creating such content, and working across all teams to co-ordinate programmatic updates
- Maintain high standards of customer care to our supporters, suppliers and wider teams
- Provide support for the wider activities of the Communications Department
For us, it’s not just what we do, it’s how we do it. Our values are important to us and we’re looking for people who will live and breathe them.
- Level 4 qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience in working in a communications environment
- Able to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Superb writing skills
- Confidence working online and in the digital environment
- Attention to detail
- Team player and positive attitude when working with others
- Adaptable and flexible in working style
- Problem solver
- Welcomes diversity
- Communications qualification
- Knowledge of Islamic financial matters (Zakat, Wakf, Qurbani etc.)
- International development, and/or for an organisation which fundraisers
Safeguarding: We are an organisation that takes safeguarding very seriously. All staff will be expected to adhere to our policies, processes, and approach.
Applying: Please send a statement (of no more than 2 sides of A4, font size 11) clearly outlining how you match our requirements, as well as a two-page CV outlining your professional, volunteering experience, education/qualifications and any other relevant information Please state the job title in the email title.
Deadline: We are running a rolling a recruitment, so reserve the right to close the post at any point. Please don’t delay in getting your application in to us!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.