Vacancy: Communications Manager
- Communications Manager
- Deadline: we reserve right to close recruitment asap
- £33,000 – 37,000
- Full time
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, with flexible working policy in place
- Directorate: Communications
Penny Appeal was set up in 2009 to provide poverty relief across Asia, the Middle East and Africa by offering water solutions, organising mass feedings, supporting orphan care, and providing emergency aid. We’ve come a long way since then and have grown tremendously in the past 11 years!
We’ve transformed lives and empowered communities, helping to break the poverty cycle and build brighter futures. Over the past few years, our work has expanded and our teams have grown considerably, allowing us to launch new campaigns and work in even more crisis-hit countries. As well as strengthening communities in over 30 countries around the world, we also make it a point to support vulnerable people here in the UK, too.
Each of our projects are carefully designed to be accessible and effective. They are a wonderful blend of emergency support, short-term relief, and longer-term sustainable solutions. Our way of approaching relief means that we can save lives immediately, improve situations in the coming days and transform communities for years to come.
At Penny Appeal, people are at the heart of everything we do. Every one of our projects are tailor-made to meet the needs of those we support and benefit as many people in need as possible, in ways that cost our generous donors just a little bit of loose change each day.
Transform small change into big difference for those who need us most
Inspired by the universal values of the Islamic faith, Penny Appeal’s mission is to serve all those in need at home and abroad
Within 5 years -
- Best in class Muslim Charity
- Sunday Times top 100 businesses to work for
- Most recognizable Muslim charity in the world
- Raise over £100 million per annum for good
- We are a British Muslim led charity
- Our HQ is in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We have approximately 160 staff based in the UK, with many more across the world
- UK staff have been working from home for last 18 months, but we are instigating a move back a brand new office in early 2022, coupled with a new flexible working policy
- Please read our latest Annual Report here.
About the role
We have big ambitions and are looking for a talented Communications Manager to help us achieve them. We are seeking creative thinking, bold ideas, exceptional people skills, and of course, an eye for a good story. Someone who isn’t afraid of hard work, who shares our values and who wants to be part of something extraordinary. Someone who can help us enhance our profile, so we’re able to tell even more people about the great work that we do: from how we provide lifesaving medical interventions in Syria, help feed Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh, provide emergency responses from bush fires in Australia to cyclones in Sub-Saharan Africa, and feeding the homeless in the UK. Ultimately helping the charity can grow and have an even greater impact on the world.
The Communications Team is brand new (we recently separated our comms and marketing functions to reflect our plans for growth), and you’ll have a key role in shaping is formation, development and dynamics.
- Help develop and implement strategic communication plans that directly enhance the organisation’s strategic objectives, including strengthen brand and reputation management
- Oversee, manage, and drive all external and internal communications day to day activities.
- Manage and enhance Penny Appeal’s media relations and PR activities
- Developing communication strategy and plans for specific projects and campaigns with clear objectives and evaluation processes, integrated across the organisation
- Ensure our communications advance our mission and vision through stories, images, videos and words
- Write copy for important initiatives, including marketing and internal communications.
- Lead, inspire and manage the new and growing Communications team
- Develop effective communication procedures and oversee weekly/daily check-ins with other team members and wider colleagues
- Ensure everything we do in relation to communications adheres to, and supports, our organisational approach to safeguarding
- Work closely with the CEO’s office and communications team on editorial pieces
- Create and manage release dates for recurring publications such as newsletters and bulletins
- Manage media monitoring and evaluation to ensure that relevant coverage is captured and analysed and shared internally
- Deputise and working closely with the Director of Communications
For us, it’s not just what we do, it’s how we do it. Our values are important to us and we’re looking for people who will live and breathe them.
- Level 4 qualification or equivalent experience
- Two years management responsibilities within a comms team
- Understanding of contemporary marketing trends, tools and approaches
- Able to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Superb writing skills
- Confidence working online and in the digital environment
- Attention to detail
- Team player and positive attitude when working with others
- Adaptable and flexible in working style
- Problem solver
- Welcomes diversity
- Communications qualification
- Knowledge of Islamic financial matters (Zakat, Wakf, Qurbani etc.)
- International development, and/or writing for an organisation which fundraises
Safeguarding: We are an organisation that takes safeguarding very seriously. All staff will be expected to adhere to our policies, processes, and approach.
Applying: Please send a statement (of no more than 2 sides of A4, font size 11) clearly outlining how you match our requirements, as well as a two-page CV outlining your professional, volunteering experience, education/qualifications and any other relevant information. Please state the job title in the email title.
Deadline: We are running a rolling a recruitment, so reserve the right to close the post at any point. Please don’t delay in getting your application in to us!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.