An exciting opportunity has arisen at Penny Appeal, we are looking for a talented individual to lead our eCRM strategy. We are on a journey to understand our donors more through building relationships. We are willing to try new and creative ideas led by our new teams to challenge the status quo and disrupt where we can in the online space. We are looking for good people to fit in an organization that cares about what it does and is mindful of the welfare of its staff and teams.
As the CRM Exec in this position, you will be a key point of knowledge in this area, assist multiple departments get to grips with the basics of the donor lifecycle. This will include educating on RFM segmentation basics, targeted tests and utilisation of tools that you can bring to the role. Beyond that it will be up to you to decide what direction and strategy to follow. Hand hold the donors’ experience and from first time donation to multiple donations. You will make the donor lifecycle relevant, engaging and drive incremental donations for these donors.
The key responsibilities of the CRM Executive will be:
- Plan, manage and deliver a CRM strategy, leveraging HubSpot, bespoke tools and customer understanding to improve acquisition, conversion, and retention of customers across the charity.
- Working closely with the call centre team to repurpose and re-engage and interest and enquiries from the leads that are generated
- Lead the role of Email and SMS in the delivery of campaigns
- Develop, plan and execute customer journeys for each campaign – including but not restricted to onboarding, data base building, customer satisfaction, regular outreach etc.
- Co-ordinating the communication of launches, specific campaigns and regular BAU.
- To segment and identify various customer groups within the databases, so that targeted campaigns can be run effectively.
- Ensure the growth of the database always outweighs any loss
- Monitor Performance and reporting of key CRM metrics
CRM Job Description
- Key data segmentation and management (strategic level and hands on)
- Educate and apply RFM and LTV strategies, execution methods and tools.
- Briefing designers and collaborating with marketers to implement marketing communications cross multiple channels including site, email and social and tailoring communications
- Improve customer return rates and repeat purchase rates for existing donors
- Optimize efficiency and quality of campaigns. Measure, evaluate and report on success
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities for maximizing donor value
- Set-up and help manage eCRM programmes (Strategic and hands on)
- Advise and assist on donor loyalty programme where appropriate
- Be passionate about the UX and donor journey to maximise revenue from loyal customers
- Help develop Penny Appeal best practice framework to apply across appeals
- Manage budgets by campaign and advise operationally
- Assist on eCRM calendars and ensure these ties in with marketing activity
- Understand tactics and technologies can be used to drive loyalty as well as where and when certain loyalty type programs are not suitable.
- Assist with innovation and development of subscription models
- On top of current trends and best practice in this area and interested sharing knowledge with wider team
Person Specification – CRM Executive
CRITERIA - Essential (E) / Desirable (D)
Educated to degree or HND level - E
Good commercial awareness of ecommerce - E
Significant senior marketing and communications experience, leading the marketing and communications function of an organisation. - E
Ability to manage multiple streams of activity and priorities those yielding the biggest gains for the business - E
Understanding of key marketing metrics including ROI / CPA / RFM / LTV with a good head for numbers. - E
Build and innovate operational frameworks to scale capabilities - E
Minimum of 2 or more years’ experience in CRM - E
Ability to work well under pressure and maintain close attention to detail. - E
Knowledge & Skills
Excellent IT and Media software skills - E
Ability to problem solve in an effective manner - E
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal - E
Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines. - E
Excellent project management skills - D
Ability to work in partnership with other teams but with the presence to introduce innovation - E
Strong influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate agreement on expectations and outcomes in a busy environment, with changing priorities - E
Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects with overlapping milestones - E
A strong understanding of the charity sector and international NGO work. - E
Passionate about making data-driven decisions - E
Have an understanding of the British Muslim charity sector - D
Thought leadership, ability to align marketing strategies with overall charity objectives - E
To uphold and behave in accordance with the organisation’s core values (currently under review) - D
A professional and flexible approach to work - E
Commitment to promoting equality and diversity in what we do - E
Strong self- motivation and self-development - E
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.