Vacancy: Head of Creative Production
- Deadline: we reserve right to close recruitment asap
- £40,000 – 45,000
- Full time
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, with flexible working policy in place
- Directorate: Marketing
Penny Appeal was set up in 2009 to provide poverty relief across Asia, the Middle East and Africa by offering water solutions, organising mass feedings, supporting orphan care, and providing emergency aid. We’ve come a long way since then and have grown tremendously in the past 11 years!
We’ve transformed lives and empowered communities, helping to break the poverty cycle and build brighter futures. Over the past few years, our work has expanded and our teams have grown considerably, allowing us to launch new campaigns and work in even more crisis-hit countries. As well as strengthening communities in over 30 countries around the world, we also make it a point to support vulnerable people here in the UK, too.
Each of our projects are carefully designed to be accessible and effective. They are a wonderful blend of emergency support, short-term relief, and longer-term sustainable solutions. Our way of approaching relief means that we can save lives immediately, improve situations in the coming days and transform communities for years to come.
At Penny Appeal, people are at the heart of everything we do. Every one of our projects are tailor-made to meet the needs of those we support and benefit as many people in need as possible, in ways that cost our generous donors just a little bit of loose change each day.
Transform small change into a big difference for those who need us most
Inspired by the universal values of the Islamic faith, Penny Appeal’s mission is to serve all those in need at home and abroad
Within 5 years -
- Best in class Muslim Charity
- Sunday Times top 100 businesses to work for
- Most recognizable Muslim charity in the world
- Raise over £100 million per annum for good
- We are a British Muslim led charity
- Our HQ is in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We have approximately 160 staff based in the UK, with many more across the world
- UK staff have been working from home for the last 18 months, but we are instigating a move back a brand new office in early 2022, coupled with a new flexible working policy
- Please read our latest Annual Report here
About the role
We have big ambitions and are looking for a talented Head of Campaigns and Content to help us achieve them. This role is a critical part of the Marketing Department - its function is to create, co-ordinate and execute inspiring and engaging content. We are seeking creative thinking, bold ideas, exceptional people skills, and an eye for analytics. Someone who isn’t afraid of hard work, who shares our values and who wants to be part of something extraordinary. Someone who can lead a team and help us tell the world about the great work that we do: from how we provide lifesaving medical interventions in Syria, to how we help feed Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh, to how we support homelessness in the UK.
The Marketing Department is undergoing big investment with several new roles being recruited. We need someone who will help this small but growing team get to the next level, so ultimately the charity can grow and have an even greater impact on the world.
- Lead the development and production of content that meet the needs of Penny Appeal’s key campaigns, appeals and goals
- Work with team members to produce content in a timely fashion
- Produce and manage the organizations content calendar across the year
- Overall accountability for content production
- Be a creative force within the organization, generating and ideating new ideas
- Have an excellent sense of what resonates with our audience
- Be hyper vigilant of our brand
- Manage key team members, including content produces and production executives both in the UK and abroad
- Work closely with our Social Media and Insights team to understand what content works well and on which channel
For us, it’s not just what we do, it’s how we do it. Our values are important to us and we’re looking for people who will live and breathe them.
- Level 4 qualification or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years experience working on content production for a range of channels.
- Line management experience
- Understanding of contemporary campaign, digital and creative trends, tools and approaches
- Able to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Superb writing skills
- Confidence working online and in the digital environment
- Attention to detail
- Team player and positive attitude when working with others
- Adaptable and flexible in working style
- Problem solver
- Welcomes diversity
- Knowledge of Islamic financial matters (Zakat, Wakf, Qurbani etc.)
- International development, and/or writing for an organisation which fundraisers
Safeguarding: We are an organisation that takes safeguarding very seriously. All staff will be expected to adhere to our policies, processes, and approach.
Applying: Please send a statement (of no more than 2 sides of A4, font size 11) clearly outlining how you match our requirements, as well as a two-page CV outlining your professional, volunteering experience, education/qualifications and any other relevant information. Please state the job title in the email title.
Deadline: We are running a rolling a recruitment, so reserve the right to close the post at any point. Please don’t delay in getting your application in to us!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.