Vacancy: Head of Digital
- Head of Digital
- Deadline: we reserve right to close recruitment asap
- £40,000 – 45,000
- Full time
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, with flexible working policy in place
- Directorate: Ecommerce
Penny Appeal was set up in 2009 to provide poverty relief across Asia, the Middle East and Africa by offering water solutions, organising mass feedings, supporting orphan care, and providing emergency aid. We’ve come a long way since then and have grown tremendously in the past 11 years!
We’ve transformed lives and empowered communities, helping to break the poverty cycle and build brighter futures. Over the past few years, our work has expanded and our teams have grown considerably, allowing us to launch new campaigns and work in even more crisis-hit countries. As well as strengthening communities in over 30 countries around the world, we also make it a point to support vulnerable people here in the UK, too.
Each of our projects are carefully designed to be accessible and effective. They are a wonderful blend of emergency support, short-term relief, and longer-term sustainable solutions. Our way of approaching relief means that we can save lives immediately, improve situations in the coming days and transform communities for years to come.
At Penny Appeal, people are at the heart of everything we do. Every one of our projects are tailor-made to meet the needs of those we support and benefit as many people in need as possible, in ways that cost our generous donors just a little bit of loose change each day.
Transform small change into a big difference for those who need us most
Inspired by the universal values of the Islamic faith, Penny Appeal’s mission is to serve all those in need at home and abroad
Within 5 years -
- Best in class Muslim Charity
- Sunday Times top 100 businesses to work for
- Most recognizable Muslim charity in the world
- Raise over £100 million per annum for good
- We are a British Muslim led charity
- Our HQ is in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We have approximately 160 staff based in the UK, with many more across the world
- UK staff have been working from home for the last 18 months, but we are instigating a move back a brand new office in early 2022, coupled with a new flexible working policy
About the role
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can use your talent to really make a difference? This exciting new role is responsible for developing the growth and acquisition strategy for Penny Appeal, one of the UK’s fastest growing charities. You will work closely with the existing Marketing and Performance teams to transform the commercial capability of the organisation through a significant evolution of the acquisition operation model.
- Work with the Director of Ecommerce to develop and implement a strategy for lead generation growth and conversion
- Lead and develop a digital growth acquisition team
- Manage the SEO, paid digital, social, email, paid social teams, data points and e-commerce platforms
- Utilise research to evolve the digital identity for all of our customer propositions
- Work closely with Director of Ecommerce, Performance team and Operations Director, to implement the digital elements of brand campaigns, improve the customer journey, overall digital experience and product & service propositions
- Manage the digital campaigns and budget optimising CPA and ROI
- Close management of multiple agencies
- Work alongside the Director of Ecommerce to create and deliver data-driven performance insight to inform decisions and identify new opportunities
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing activities against agreed KPIs and make recommendations in-line with business objectives and priorities.
- Ensure close collaboration with performance team to deliver hyperlocal activity
- Support and inspire the wider business as we transform our acquisition capabilities
For us, it’s not just what we do, it’s how we do it. Our values are important to us and we’re looking for people who will live and breathe them.
- Proven experience at Head of Growth, Head of Acquisition or Head of Digital level or significant experience in Performance Marketing within a consumer facing business
- A data-driven and insight led approach
- A fast track career path and are looking for increased accountability and responsibility
- Led a team responsible for digital channels including paid digital, SEO, CRM and social
- Coached and developed others to a high standard
- Created innovative new growth opportunities and strategies
- A desire to work for a fast growing, entrepreneurial, PE-backed business
- A passion for our mission and an obsession for understanding our customers
- Multi-site business experience beneficial but not essential
- Welcomes diversity
- Knowledge of Islamic financial matters (Zakat, Wakf, Qurbani etc.)
- International development, and/or writing for an organisation which fundraises
Safeguarding: We are an organisation that takes safeguarding very seriously. All staff will be expected to adhere to our policies, processes, and approach.
Applying: Please send a statement (of no more than 2 sides of A4, font size 11) clearly outlining how you match our requirements, as well as a two-page CV outlining your professional, volunteering experience, education/qualifications and any other relevant information. Please state the job title in the email title.
Deadline: We are running a rolling a recruitment, so reserve the right to close the post at any point. Please don’t delay in getting your application in to us!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.