Vacancy: Head of Support Centre
- Head of Support Centre
- Deadline: we reserve right to close recruitment asap
- £40 – 45,000
- Full time
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, with flexible working policy in place
- Directorate: Donor Care
Penny Appeal was set up in 2009 to provide poverty relief across Asia, the Middle East and Africa by offering water solutions, organising mass feedings, supporting orphan care, and providing emergency aid. We’ve come a long way since then and have grown tremendously in the past 11 years!
We’ve transformed lives and empowered communities, helping to break the poverty cycle and build brighter futures. Over the past few years, our work has expanded and our teams have grown considerably, allowing us to launch new campaigns and work in even more crisis-hit countries. As well as strengthening communities in over 30 countries around the world, we also make it a point to support vulnerable people here in the UK, too.
Each of our projects are carefully designed to be accessible and effective. They are a wonderful blend of emergency support, short-term relief, and longer-term sustainable solutions. Our way of approaching relief means that we can save lives immediately, improve situations in the coming days and transform communities for years to come.
At Penny Appeal, people are at the heart of everything we do. Every one of our projects are tailor-made to meet the needs of those we support and benefit as many people in need as possible, in ways that cost our generous donors just a little bit of loose change each day.
Transform small change into a big difference for those who need us most
Inspired by the universal values of the Islamic faith, Penny Appeal’s mission is to serve all those in need at home and abroad
Within 5 years -
- Best in class Muslim Charity
- Sunday Times top 100 businesses to work for
- Most recognizable Muslim charity in the world
- Raise over £100 million per annum for good
- We are a British Muslim led charity
- Our HQ is in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We have approximately 160 staff based in the UK, with many more across the world
- UK staff have been working from home for the last 18 months, but we are instigating a move back a brand new office in early 2022, coupled with a new flexible working policy
- Please read our latest Annual Report here
About the role
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can use your talent to really make a difference? This exciting role is responsible for leading our Support Centre service – the key interface between ourselves and our many donors. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive, proactive, customer focused service, always with an eye on continuous improvement. We are looking for an experienced manager who is motivated by offering excellence in service, understands analytics and data, and has the flare for people management.
- Effectively and efficiently lead the Support Centre, to ensure the relationship between Penny Appeal and our donors is positive, productive and long standing.
- Ensure information held on information systems pertaining to donors is consistently accurate, up to date and in line with GDPR and other legal requirements.
- Support the development and improvement of process, policies, and procedures to support the continuous improvement of the Support Centre service, such as tracking operative progress against targets, monitoring random calls and implement staff training.
- Provide effective leadership and management of direct reports, such as planning workloads, allocating work to meet deadlines, recruitment, inductions, mandatory training and recording work performance.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and involvement in networks.
- Handle the most complex customer complaints and/or enquiries
- Forecast and analyse data against budget figures on a weekly and/or monthly basis
- Ensure all sponsorships allocations are processed within the agreed timescales
- To undertake projects and other activities as requested by the Director
For us, it’s not just what we do, it’s how we do it. Our values are important to us and we’re looking for people who will live and breathe them.
- Level 4 qualification of equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience of providing an excellent Support Centre service within a complex organisation, including managing and improving customer relations management systems
- Proven experience of managing large teams, and supporting and advising managers on the entire range of Support Centre issues.
- Excellent IT skills
- Proven ability to work independently and problem solve in an effective manner
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Commitment to own continuous professional development
- A professional and flexible approach to work
- Commitment to promoting equality and diversity in what we do
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of Islamic financial matters (Zakat, Wakf, Qurbani etc.)
- International development, and/or writing for an organisation which fundraises
Safeguarding: We are an organisation that takes safeguarding very seriously. All staff will be expected to adhere to our policies, processes, and approach.
Applying: Please send a statement (of no more than 2 sides of A4, font size 11) clearly outlining how you match our requirements, as well as a two-page CV outlining your professional, volunteering experience, education/qualifications and any other relevant information. Please state the job title in the email title.
Deadline: We are running a rolling a recruitment, so reserve the right to close the post at any point. Please don’t delay in getting your application in to us
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.