The Logistics driver will be a core member of the UK Programmes team. The driver will be responsible for supporting the charity’s day to day activities, and any emergency aid work, by ensuring goods are delivered to our partners across 5 regions within the UK. The Logistics driver will be accountable for loading the Van in the Warehouse in Wakefield, West Yorkshire and delivering the Van back to its base once the delivery is complete.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To work closely with UK Programmes Coordinator to ensure appropriate logistical support on key deliverables.
- To manage all deliveries and contractor arrangements in line with policy and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective communication, both verbal and written, internally and externally.
- Make deliveries to the following regions, Yorkshire and the Humber, North West, West Midlands, East of England, and London.
- Maintain the vehicle and reporting any faults.
- To load and unload the Van with appropriate stock such as, food parcels, hygiene kits, gifts, blankets, sandbags etc.
- Participate in meetings associated with the work above or as required.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as per the company handbook, health and safety requirements, confidentiality, and other management systems.
- Current UK driving licence. Licence must not have more than 6 points.
- At least 1 years’ experience driving on a professional basis.
- Excellent interpersonal (written and oral) communication skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Respectful of the views and opinions of others
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends when required
- To have a willingness to partake on appropriate training as required
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Over the age of 25 – for insurance purposes
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time.
This post is subject to satisfactory clearance of a DBS disclosure.
About Penny Appeal
Penny Appeal was formed in 2009 and its projects reach over 30 crisis-hit countries worldwide, offering water solutions, supporting orphan and elderly care, providing food, delivering healthcare and emergency aid and even building schools and orphanages. Penny Appeal’s way of doing charity is simple and has a massive impact – by making charitable, giving affordable and rewardable small change can make a big difference.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.