Vacancy: Seasonal Campaigns Co-ordinator
- Seasonal Campaigns Co-ordinator
- Deadline: we reserve right to close recruitment asap
- Full time
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, with flexible working policy in place
- Directorate: UK Programmes
Penny Appeal was set up in 2009 to provide poverty relief across Asia, the Middle East and Africa by offering water solutions, organising mass feedings, supporting orphan care, and providing emergency aid. We’ve come a long way since then and have grown tremendously in the past 11 years!
We’ve transformed lives and empowered communities, helping to break the poverty cycle and build brighter futures. Over the past few years, our work has expanded and our teams have grown considerably, allowing us to launch new campaigns and work in even more crisis-hit countries. As well as strengthening communities in over 30 countries around the world, we also make it a point to support vulnerable people here in the UK, too.
Each of our projects are carefully designed to be accessible and effective. They are a wonderful blend of emergency support, short-term relief, and longer-term sustainable solutions. Our way of approaching relief means that we can save lives immediately, improve situations in the coming days and transform communities for years to come.
At Penny Appeal, people are at the heart of everything we do. Every one of our projects are tailor-made to meet the needs of those we support and benefit as many people in need as possible, in ways that cost our generous donors just a little bit of loose change each day.
Transform small change into a big difference for those who need us most
Inspired by the universal values of the Islamic faith, Penny Appeal’s mission is to serve all those in need at home and abroad
Within 5 years -
- Best in class Muslim Charity
- Sunday Times top 100 businesses to work for
- Most recognizable Muslim charity in the world
- Raise over £100 million per annum for good
- We are a British Muslim led charity
- Our HQ is in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We have approximately 160 staff based in the UK, with many more across the world
- UK staff have been working from home for the last 18 months, but we are instigating a move back a brand new office in early 2022, coupled with a new flexible working policy
About the role
We have big ambitions and are looking for a talented Seasonal Campaigns Co-ordinator to help us achieve them. We are seeking creative thinking, bold ideas, exceptional people skills, and of course an eye for a great campaign concept. Someone who isn’t afraid of hard work, who shares our values and who wants to be part of something extraordinary. Someone who will effectively promote the great work of our UK programmes via seasonal campaigns, with the ultimate goal of building our supporter base to extend the impact of our work. If you love all things campaigns, want to make a positive difference to the world, and want to own your own work are but also be part of a supportive team – then this could be the ideal role for you!
- From concept to delivery, design and deliver innovative seasonal campaigns linked to various programmes, projects, activities.
- Design, deliver and refine an annual campaigning strategy that ensures coherence of our individual campaigns across our entire UK programme offering.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts, including but not limited to, volunteers, schools, local community leaders/groups, statutory services, mosques, and other faith groups.
- Establish and maintain effective communication, both verbal and written, internally and externally.
- To provide monitoring and evaluation reports for each of the campaigns.
- To contribute to departments annual workplans.
- To work within a budget for each campaign provided by the Head of UK Programmes. Present a cost breakdown for each campaign before expenditure.
- Provide Marcomms with appropriate data and case study material etc.
- Maintain accurate data, record keeping etc.
- Participate in meetings associated with the work above or as required.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time.
For us, it’s not just what we do, it’s how we do it. Our values are important to us and we’re looking for people who will live and breathe them.
- Two years working in a campaign’s role
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise a complicated workload
- Willingness to work unsociable hours (during busy periods such as Ramadan and Christmas)
- Team player and positive attitude when working with others
- Adaptable and flexible in working style
- Problem solver
- Welcomes diversity
- Campaigns, communications or marketing qualification
- Knowledge of Islamic financial matters (Zakat, Wakf, Qurbani etc.)
- International development, and/or writing for an organisation which fundraises
Safeguarding: We are an organisation that takes safeguarding very seriously. All staff will be expected to adhere to our policies, processes, and approach.
Applying: Please send a statement (of no more than 2 sides of A4, font size 11) clearly outlining how you match our requirements, as well as a two-page CV outlining your professional, volunteering experience, education/qualifications and any other relevant information. Please state the job title in the email title.
Deadline: We are running a rolling a recruitment, so reserve the right to close the post at any point. Please don’t delay in getting your application in to us!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.