Vacancy: Senior Producer
- Deadline: we reserve right to close recruitment asap
- £please state your day rate
- Full time
- 6 months
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, with flexible working policy in place
- Reports to Chief of Growth
Penny Appeal was set up in 2009 to provide poverty relief across Asia, the Middle East and Africa by offering water solutions, organising mass feedings, supporting orphan care, and providing emergency aid. We’ve come a long way since then and have grown tremendously in the past 11 years!
We’ve transformed lives and empowered communities, helping to break the poverty cycle and build brighter futures. Over the past few years, our work has expanded and our teams have grown considerably, allowing us to launch new campaigns and work in even more crisis-hit countries. As well as strengthening communities in over 30 countries around the world, we also make it a point to support vulnerable people here in the UK, too.
Each of our projects are carefully designed to be accessible and effective. They are a wonderful blend of emergency support, short-term relief, and longer-term sustainable solutions. Our way of approaching relief means that we can save lives immediately, improve situations in the coming days and transform communities for years to come.
At Penny Appeal, people are at the heart of everything we do. Every one of our projects are tailor-made to meet the needs of those we support and benefit as many people in need as possible, in ways that cost our generous donors just a little bit of loose change each day.
Transform small change into a big difference for those who need us most
Inspired by the universal values of the Islamic faith, Penny Appeal’s mission is to serve all those in need at home and abroad
Within 5 years -
- Best in class Muslim Charity
- Sunday Times top 100 businesses to work for
- Most recognizable Muslim charity in the world
- Raise over £100 million per annum for good
- We are a British Muslim led charity
- Our HQ is in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We have approximately 160 staff based in the UK, with many more across the world
- UK staff have been working from home for the last 18 months, but we are instigating a move back a brand new office in early 2022, coupled with a new flexible working policy
About the role
We have big ambitions and are looking for a talented Senior Producer to help us achieve them. This role will act as lead producer and “show runner” on our upcoming TV coverage during Ramadan on British Muslim TV. Additionally, they will support the production of other broadcast projects such as commercials and radio spots. We are seeking creative thinking, bold ideas, exceptional people skills, and an eye for analytics. Someone who isn’t afraid of hard work, who shares our values and who wants to be part of something extraordinary. Someone who can help us tell the world about the great work that we do: from how we provide lifesaving medical interventions in Syria, to how we help feed Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh, to how we support homelessness in the UK.
- Working with the Chief of Growth, build the TV campaign on BMTV during Ramadan
- Create, ideate and build the “run of show” and alongside the Head of Content and Campaigns and Chief of Growth, ensure content, interviews and scripts are created
- Alongside the BMTV team, work as lead Producer during the live coverage on behalf of Penny Appeal
- Manage any junior staff as and when required
- Support the creation of the TV advert on behalf of Penny Appeal’s Ramadan campaign
For us, it’s not just what we do, it’s how we do it. Our values are important to us and we’re looking for people who will live and breathe them.
- At least 5 years experience as a producer of TV, ideally with experience in TV fundraising or special TV events.
- Line management or supervision experience
- Able to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Attention to detail
- Team player and positive attitude when working with others
- Adaptable and flexible in working style
- Problem solver
- Welcomes diversity
- Knowledge of Islamic financial matters (Zakat, Wakf, Qurbani etc.)
- International development, and/or writing for an organisation which fundraisers
Safeguarding: We are an organisation that takes safeguarding very seriously. All staff will be expected to adhere to our policies, processes, and approach.
Applying: Please send a statement (of no more than 2 sides of A4, font size 11) clearly outlining how you match our requirements, as well as a two-page CV outlining your professional, volunteering experience, education/qualifications and any other relevant information. Please state the job title in the email title.
Deadline: We are running a rolling a recruitment, so reserve the right to close the post at any point. Please don’t delay in getting your application in to us!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.