Vacancy: SEO Content Manager
- Ecommerce Executive
- Deadline: we reserve right to close recruitment asap
- £33,000 – 37,000
- Full time
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, with flexible working policy in place
- Directorate: Ecommerce
Penny Appeal was set up in 2009 to provide poverty relief across Asia, the Middle East and Africa by offering water solutions, organising mass feedings, supporting orphan care, and providing emergency aid. We’ve come a long way since then and have grown tremendously in the past 11 years!
We’ve transformed lives and empowered communities, helping to break the poverty cycle and build brighter futures. Over the past few years, our work has expanded and our teams have grown considerably, allowing us to launch new campaigns and work in even more crisis-hit countries. As well as strengthening communities in over 30 countries around the world, we also make it a point to support vulnerable people here in the UK, too.
Each of our projects are carefully designed to be accessible and effective. They are a wonderful blend of emergency support, short-term relief, and longer-term sustainable solutions. Our way of approaching relief means that we can save lives immediately, improve situations in the coming days and transform communities for years to come.
At Penny Appeal, people are at the heart of everything we do. Every one of our projects are tailor-made to meet the needs of those we support and benefit as many people in need as possible, in ways that cost our generous donors just a little bit of loose change each day.
Transform small change into a big difference for those who need us most
Inspired by the universal values of the Islamic faith, Penny Appeal’s mission is to serve all those in need at home and abroad
Within 5 years -
- Best in class Muslim Charity
- Sunday Times top 100 businesses to work for
- Most recognizable Muslim charity in the world
- Raise over £100 million per annum for good
- We are a British Muslim led charity
- Our HQ is in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We have approximately 160 staff based in the UK, with many more across the world
- UK staff have been working from home for the last 18 months, but we are instigating a move back a brand new office in early 2022, coupled with a new flexible working policy
About the role
Our Ecommerce team is growing and we’re looking for talent to help take us to the next level. You will have a creative flair underpinned by a thorough understanding of data analysis, the combination of which will inform how you design, deliver, refine and evaluate our SEO strategy.
- Own the SEO strategy from start to finish, working closely with team members and any external agencies/freelancers
- Manage the SEO content calendar, always working strategically and with our targets in mind
- Identifying keyword gaps, on-page optimisation opportunities, internal linking systems, and SEO fixes.
- Analysing SEO data to identify trends and anticipate consumer needs.
- Conducting content experiments to assess the effectiveness of different content approaches & formats.
- Performing content audits to assess how well existing content is performing.
- Develop SEO content, ensuring its on brand, high quality and SEO optimised
- Mange the workflow of the team, ensuring deadlines are met on time and budget
- Developing a solid understanding of the target audience through online and traditional market research
- Line manage the SEO Content Executive in accordance with the organisation’s policies, processes and expectations
For us, it’s not just what we do, it’s how we do it. Our values are important to us and we’re looking for people who will live and breathe them.
- Level 4 qualification or equivalent experience
- 3 years SEO content management experience with a proven track record of performance
- Line management experience
- Understanding of contemporary SEO trends, tools and approaches
- Able to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Superb writing skills
- Confidence working online and in the digital environment
- Attention to detail
- Team player and positive attitude when working with others
- Adaptable and flexible in working style
- Problem solver
- Welcomes diversity
- SEO management or similar experience
- Knowledge of Islamic financial matters (Zakat, Wakf, Qurbani etc.)
- International development, and/or writing for an organisation which fundraisers
Safeguarding: We are an organisation that takes safeguarding very seriously. All staff will be expected to adhere to our policies, processes, and approach.
Applying: Please send a statement (of no more than 2 sides of A4, font size 11) clearly outlining how you match our requirements, as well as a two-page CV outlining your professional, volunteering experience, education/qualifications and any other relevant information . Please state the job title in the email title.
Deadline: We are running a rolling a recruitment, so reserve the right to close the post at any point. Please don’t delay in getting your application in to us
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.