Do you have a passion for developing and coordinating stimulating activities? If so then this could be the role for you!
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and passionate Activities Coordinator to join our Equinox services based in Lewisham. Equinox Lewisham provides supported housing and assertive outreach services for adults with mental health support needs with the aim to assist and empower clients to enable them to move on to greater independence.
The Activities Coordinator will be responsible for creating, organising and developing stimulating, engaging programme of activities across multiple sites to address the challenges faced by our residents and support them on their journey towards independent living. Working part of a highly committed team, you will deliver personalised 1-1 support, as well as other key engagement activities, supporting residents to further develop their talents and self-belief, while managing their mental health and well-being.
- To provide an Activities Coordination Service across four properties within Lewisham.
- Lead on the development and implementation of education, training and employment training program for service users.
- To take a leadership role in the implementation of ‘Enabling Environments’ and Psychologically Informed Environment’ (PIE) within the service.
- To be accountable for own professional practice in the delivery of care to service users with complex mental health conditions which may include challenging behaviours.
- Coordinate internal and external activity opportunities
- Create a schedule of activities across all sites
- Plan and implement a range of therapeutic individual and group work, carry out functional assessments and contribute to multi-disciplinary team care planning and risk assessments.
- Work with internal staff, Pathway and external partners, agencies and commissioners including Mental Health Services and other community based supporting agencies to achieve the desired outcomes for the service user.
- Coordinating and/or delivering activities and interventions to vulnerable people.
- Proven working experience with complex needs and challenging behaviour
- Able to manage emotionally challenging and distressing situations with a potentially volatile service user group
- Able to engage with vulnerable people and work effectively in highly distressing and challenging circumstances
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the service user group and mental health
- Ability to manage own workload and determine priorities
Benefits of working with us:
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Indian Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- Life Assurance
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.