Penrose has been supporting vulnerable adults to make positive changes to their lives for almost 50 years. As a member of the Social Interest Group, we deliver a wide range of residential and support services addressing issues including mental health, substance misuse, social isolation and domestic violence. The Penrose CJS Community service is designed to deliver interventions and support to manage the supervision orders of offenders released into the community that have received a prison sentence and have been assessed as low risk of serious harm. Support delivered is wide ranging and based on individual need.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Community Team Manager to join our team in order to support the offender to adhere to and achieve the cohesive resettlement plan generated from the custodial resettlement team. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to and ensuring that your teams achieve the targets set by Penrose in partnership with MTC Novo and the area CRC.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference supporting some of the most complex people in the criminal justice system and helping make communities safer. We are looking for an experienced individual with the motivation and commitment to support staff and service users to achieve their goals.
- To successfully manage a team of Responsible Officers, providing effective performance monitoring and management, whilst enabling learning and development through effective training and support channels.
- To successfully manage community resettlement services that reduce reoffending, rehabilitate and reintegrate offenders back into the community.
- To ensure that the team facilitates a cohesive resettlement and risk management plan for each eligible service user who is released from custody.
- To develop excellent internal and external relationships is essential to this role. Team Managers will ensure that the service is fully embedded within the community. You will be expected to regularly participate in team meetings and other duties deemed relevant by management.
- To work with internal and external partners, agencies and commissioners including HM Prison Service, Community Rehabilitation Companies (CRC’s) and the National Probation Service to achieve the desired outcomes and KPI’s for the service.
- Direct experience in working in reintegration and rehabilitation services or similar services
- Experience of providing commercially viable service and interventions to target client groups
- Knowledge and practical application of key legislation- Equality and Diversity, Mental Health, Criminal Justice, Social Care and Housing and H&S
- An understanding of the needs of vulnerable people who may also have mental heath, offending and substance misuse problems
- A good understand of staff development and management including supervision, supervision, appraisal and training
- Able to influence and form strong relationships with commissioning bodies and professional agencies
Why work with us?
- Growing and forward-thinking organisation
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Indian Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years of service and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Life Assurance
This role will require frequent travel to our Head office and other offices across London.
To apply we require your CV along with Supporting Statement (no more than 2 sides of A4) detailing how your knowledge and experience meets the requirements of the job description (this can be found on the attached Job Description) or completion of an application form. Please then send this to our Recruitment Team by the advertised closing date.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close the advert before the published closing date and therefore encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.