The Social Interest Group (SIG) is a leading UK based charity, providing bespoke person centred social and health care solutions. Utilising strength-based models of working, we specialise in rehabilitation and supporting people who have complex needs, empowering them to achieve their full potential. We deliver social and health care services through our subsidiary charities SIG Penrose, SIG Equinox and SIG Investments.
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, driven and results-orientated leader to join us on a 3-month fixed term contract as the Director of Operations, to lead the service operations function across the Social Interest Group and it’s subsidiaries and be accountable for setting the direction of the services in line with the organisations strategic plan; maximising service performance, quality and consistency and improvement. The services the candidate is required to manage during this period includes;
- All Criminal Justice Services (Prison and Community)
- Forensic Mental Health Residential Services
- Residential and Floating Support/Outreach Services for those with complex needs including homelessness, mental health and substance misuse
Working closely and reporting into the Senior Director of Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing inspirational and visible leadership for operational staff ensuring safe, high quality and efficient service delivery, as well as ensuring robust performance management of the team together with sound contract and financial management.
The Director of Operations will also be expected to share and drive opportunities to deliver operational performance and transformational improvement to help drive the Social Interest Group, Equinox and Penrose’s growth agenda through an in-depth knowledge of the market, building relationships externally and internally, keeping on top of strategic developments and working with the growth team to identify new opportunities.
- Working with the Senior Director of Operations and Executive Management Team to monitor service performance and quality across all services, identifying areas for improvement and ensuring that these are addressed and that all contract agreements are met
- To support the, Chief Executive and Board of Trustees to set the organization’s strategic direction and goals, and ensure that all Social Interest Group, Equinox and Penrose services are aligned to its strategy and strive to achieve those goals.
- To prioritize organic growth of services - by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the market, scrutinizing the activity of competitors and always trying to be one step ahead.
- To provide inspirational and visionary leadership to the service teams, investing in face to face communication with staff to ensure commitment to the vision. Ensure that performance is managed robustly within the team at all levels with meaningful consequences for high achievers and those who need to improve. Championing and delivering real change and continuous improvement within the service teams.
- Directly manage Heads of Services and support them to lead their teams and create a culture of development and achievement
- Responsible for ensuring that all services deliver full cost recovery and that all Heads of Services are meeting their financial targets
- Oversee the management and monitoring of Health and Safety, risk and disaster recovery and ensure compliance with organizational Codes and frameworks as well as appropriate external standards.
- A proven track record of delivering complex services through excellent leadership skills ensuring the successful delivery of service operations
- Extensive experience in leading and delivering multiple projects
- Ability to build and manage relationship and partnerships, through effective communication and models of influence to shape strategy, policy and operations.
- Experience of working effectively and leading a team during periods of sustained pressure, scrutiny and uncertainty.
- Able to demonstrate effectively in how to manage change and delivering service improvements
Why work for us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Indian Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Life Assurance
If you are interested in the post, please submit your CV along with a 2 page (A4 sized) supporting statement explaining why you feel you are right for the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.