The Social Interest Group (SIG) is new and innovative and was formed as a charity in 2014. Its sole aim is to be a vehicle to develop and strengthen the charities that are within it, so they in turn thrive and do social good. Currently supporting Penrose Options and Equinox Care. Penrose Options provides person-centred support, health and social care for people with a history of offending and mental ill health. Equinox Care provides personalised support, care and recovery to people with multiple and complex needs. This includes people who experience mental ill health, drug dependence and alcohol dependence.
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate Head of Fundraising and Relationships to lead on the development and implementation of our fundraising strategy.
This is a crucial role within the organisation and involves building funding relationships with existing and new strategic donors, applying for funding, and working with the Director of Development, Marketing and Communications and other colleagues, to diversify funding streams. The Head of Fundraising and Relationships focuses on generating unrestricted income through developing large, multi-year and strategic funding proposals, securing new funding relationships and managing a small but well-performing team.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Lead from the front in cultivating and managing donor relationships and serve as an active ambassador for the Social Interest Group in the charity fundraising world.
- Responsible for all elements of applying for funding applications including identification of opportunity and writing. Support will be provided by the Bid and Marketing Coordinator as well as the Assistant Bid Writer.
- In collaboration with the Director, set and lead the implementation of the Groups fundraising strategy, to drive the organisation forward, whilst working in partnership with the Executive and Senior Management Team and the Trustees.
- Devise and deliver a strategic funding plan for the group, that will include exploring and developing new sources of funding to ensure the charity’s long-term financial sustainability
- Play an active role in cross-organisational strategy-setting and operational planning for Fundraising and engagement
What we are looking for in the successful candidate:
- Evidence of having successfully cultivated new relationships and partnerships that have resulted in tangible outcomes, including a track record of securing multiple five and six figure donations
- Track record in developing and managing a complex donor pipeline from cultivation, to bid presentation and ongoing relationship management.
- Set and implemented a fundraising strategy and vision
- able to demonstrate that you are comfortable engaging with, shaping and presenting organisational messages effectively to a variety of difference audiences.
- experience of developing and implementing new commercial offerings; especially knowledge of sponsorship and and/or developing new funding streams for a not-for – profit organisation.
Why work for us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Indian Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Life Assurance