Penrose Community Links (PCL) is a CQC registered service specialising in working with the most complex and chaotic clients within social & health care settings. This service will provide floating support to clients within their own home who have physical and/or mental health needs. This includes those who are experiencing psychosis, have a substance misuse or a forensic history, and/or display behaviours that challenge.
The Senior Care and Support Worker will be assisting the Field Manager and Registered Manager in doing environmental risk assessments and support plans, doing initial home and hospital-based assessments and attending multidisciplinary meetings as required. They will also be doing spot checks and monitoring performance of the support staff. They will be expected to lead and mentor by example, but will not generally be responsible for direct line management.
As well as providing home care to vulnerable adults with mental health issues or other complex needs, including personal care and domestic help the successful candidate will take on management responsibilities which will include supervision and coaching of support workers, along with regular spot checks.
Why work for us:
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Guaranteed 20 hours per week plus additional hours if required
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Indian Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.