People to Places is a charitable organisation providing community transport and Shopmobility services in the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead and have been operating since November 1989.
People to Places aims to deliver independence to people with mobility issues within the Royal Borough. We strive towards parity between those with and without mobility needs.The fundamental aim is to tackle social isolation and loneliness. People to Places continues to provide people with the means to participate in their local community.
Our Chair of Trustees provides the essential leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees which enables the organisation to fulfil those vital aims.
- Provides leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees and enables the Board to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation
- Ensures that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document, charity law, company law and all other relevant legislation/regulations
- Works in partnership with the CEO and support the employees, helping them achieve the aims of the organisation; and to optimise the relationship between the Board of Trustees and the staff
- Facilitates the Board of Trustees in stimulating excellent, well-rounded and carefully considered strategic decision-making
- Acts as an advocate externally for the organisation and the issues concerning mobility/dignity and loneliness/isolation.
We welcome applications from eligible candidates based in the Royal Borough or surrounding area. We particularly welcome submissions from applicants with knowledge or lived experience of barriers to accessible living, loneliness, or isolation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.