Assistant Manager – Café
York Gate Garden, Leeds, West Yorkshire
Do you have experience of leading a high volume food preparation and cooking operation? Want to support the success of one of the UK’s most beautiful and tranquil attractions? If so, read on.
Perennial is the nation's only charity dedicated to helping people in horticulture. Together with our network of partners, we provide free support, information, advice, financial assistance and services for horticulturalists and their loved ones experiencing illness, disability, bereavement, family breakdown and financial difficulties.
After a hugely successful relaunch, our site, York Gate Garden, now has a new, updated café facility, a nursery where we sell our own propagated plants and full access to our amazing art and crafts garden.
From April 2020, this beautiful, newly updated site will be accessible throughout the year and we’re expecting a high volume of visitors. As such, we are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our hard-working team.
- Salary of £18,000 per annum DOE
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- DIS benefit
- Sickness pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Well-established family friendly policies, including the ability to have extra unpaid leave
- Time off for dependants
This is an amazing opportunity to use your passion for cooking to help shape and grow our catering offering and contribute to our overall visitor experience.
By making a success of our garden, you will also be helping to raise vital funds for our charity, which supports horticultural professionals who are facing challenges such as low income, job insecurity or injuries that may prevent them from working.
As the Assistant Manager, you will lead the preparation and delivery of dishes at our café in York Gate Garden.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead on food preparation and ensure food hygiene standards are adhered to
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the café
- Effectively co-ordinate members of the café team
- Provide a welcoming environment to all customers
- Ensure that all kitchen and customer-facing areas are kept clean and tidy
- Carry out basic finance tasks
To join us as our Assistant Manager, you will need:
- Previous experience in a catering environment at supervisory or leadership level
- Experience of taking responsibility for a high volume food preparation and cooking operation
- Experience of managing events and basic menu costings
- Knowledge of stock control processes
Due to our location, a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle would be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Catering Supervisor, Assistant Catering Manager, Catering Team Leader, Assistant Kitchen Manager, Chef, Line Cook, Assistant Catering Services Manager, or Cook.
Webrecruit and Perennial are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Assistant Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week over five days on a rota basis, including weekends