Our purpose is to create better futures for horticulturists. Our casework team deliver help services which include advice, information and support for people who have experienced crisis, unexpected or lifechanging events.
Our services offer help with practical needs and we work with individuals and their families to identify and put in place solutions that will help them move forward in their lives. Our holistic approach often needs input from several different sources and our caseworkers offer help to identify and co-ordinate this support so that it works effectively. Our Casework team will provide generalist advice across areas such as social care, health, benefits, housing and employment, often have an area of speciality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering person centred impartial advice, information and support which meets the needs of individuals through face to face and home visits, video conferencing, email, telephone and emerging technologies
- Assessing service users individually, in families, or in groups, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems to determine what services are required to meet their immediate and long term needs
- Provide easy to understand information and the range of options available, to help people feel better able to cope and able to make their own informed choices.
- Consistently delivering a high-quality standard of advice, and information which across areas including income maximisation, benefits, housing, education, employment, self- employment, health and social care
- Agreeing goals and actions with individuals and their families and in partnership developing an effective case management plan
- Help people to access specialist support that can offer practical and emotional support,
- Talking on an individual or family’s behalf, particularly where they have a problem that is difficult to tackle on their own
- Co-ordinating case management plans which provides, finds, or arranges for specialist advice, information and support services to be put in place to prevent more serious problems from developing or escalating
- Develop and review case management plans with service users and perform follow-ups assessing the quantity and quality of services provided
- Consistently managing a diverse and complex caseload a timely, efficient and effective manner ensuring a quality service and in line with targets and Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure all case recording and other record keeping is detailed and accurate and completed within agreed timescales and that all records are kept and maintained in accordance with current legislation, policies and utilising best practice
- Share in team related tasks including twice weekly case prioritisation, first line assessment and responding to crisis or emergency cases
- Use of IT software for statistical recording of information relating to research and campaigns and funding requirements, record keeping and document production.
- Produce clear assessment summaries and management information reports
- Undertake supporting administration duties across a range of help and prevent services as required or requested
- To proactively continue to develop appropriate knowledge, attitudes and skills through regular reading of information and attending training courses
- To maintain professional competency and up to date knowledge in all relevant areas of the role including key areas of advice, Data Protection, GDPR, Health and Safety and Safeguarding practice
- Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of all areas relevant to the role and develop specialist knowledge related to the role as directed.
- Keep up to date with online systems, available training materials and other resources relevant to the areas of support
- Participate in training as required to maintain and improve the relevant level of knowledge and skills needed to deliver a quality service
- Preparing for and attending internal and external meetings as agreed with your line manager, contributing to projects, and the development of annual work plans as required.
- Identify and implement own learning and development needs
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the role in line with procedures and, Data Protection regulations.
- To work at all times within the policies and procedures of Perennial
- Ensure all processes and procedures that relate to the responsibilities of the role are delivered with a high level of awareness of the organisation’s equality and diversity ethos and policies.
- Attend multi-agency and partnership meetings to raise awareness of the needs of people working in horticulture and Perennial’s services Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to foster a co-operative, flexible working environment.
- Be a positive ambassador for Perennial
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and relevant to key tasks and responsibilities.
Please apply with a supporting statement tailored to this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.