The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity is a world-renowned organisation helping to fund projects that benefit cancer patients across the UK & internationally
The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity (RMCC) raises money solely to support The Royal Marsden, a world-leading cancer centre. Together with the hospital we ensure our nurses, doctors and research teams can provide the very best care and develop life-saving treatments, which are used across the UK and around the world. From funding state-of-the-art equipment and ground-breaking research, to creating the very best patient environments, RMCC funds the development of new ways to improve the lives of people affected by cancer. Our recent emergency appeal raised over £2m to support hospital staff and patients through the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are halfway through an ambitious three-year strategy that will deliver £80m of funding to support a world-class programme of research, treatment and care. We are also in the final stages of a £70 million capital appeal to build the Oak Cancer Centre at The Royal Marsden in Sutton.
The Philanthropy & Partnerships directorate has led the majority of this fundraising, successfully securing a lead donation of £25 million and multiple 7 and 6 figure donations from trusts and foundations, major donors, corporate partners and special events/high value committee supporters. The Charity is now working closely with the hospital on exciting plans for a new major redevelopment project to launch in 2022/23 on the Chelsea site.
About the Role
As Head of Philanthropy Research & Operations, you will lead on the development and delivery of our prospect research and pipeline strategy, a vital part of the Philanthropy & Partnerships team’s ambition to raise significant funds from major donors, trusts, high value committees and corporate supporters.
As part of a wider operational remit, you will ensure our team has the right management information needed to make informed business decisions, including income reporting and pipeline management.
The successful candidate will also take a lead role in reviewing and promoting the Philanthropy & Partnerships team’s compliance with relevant legislation and act as an expert, when required, across the charity. This will include working closely with the Head of Data & Fundraising Operations, particularly in the context of data protection and supporter privacy.
Key areas of responsibility
• Lead on the development and implementation of RMCC’s prospect research and management strategy, ensuring the development of an overall research strategy as well as plans in support of each of the high value income streams.
• Lead on resource planning for the prospect research team, liaising and negotiating with a variety of stakeholders.
• Lead on the development and implementation of prospect management procedures and reporting, working closely with the Philanthropy & Partnerships Leadership Team. Includes driving and reviewing the agenda for regular team prospect tracking meetings and identifying other mechanisms for improving high value prospect management.
• Lead a prospect research team which delivers prospect identification to meet agreed KPIs and high-quality insightful prospect research briefings on individuals, trusts and corporates for the Philanthropy & Partnerships team, members of senior leadership as well as senior volunteers and Board members.
• Lead on the development of high value supporter identification across RMCC, liaising with colleagues to ensure supporters are identified early and have an appropriate supporter journey at the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity..
We are running an open recruitment process and will progress to interviews as applications are received.
Please click ‘Apply via website’ to be directed to the Peridot Partners website and to contact the advising consultants to discuss this role in more detail.