Established in 1984, St Nicholas Hospice Care is a successful and much-loved charity serving the local area of West Suffolk and Thetford. The approximate population is 270,000 people, thousands of whom benefit from our clinical services or participate in fundraising activity annually.
Every year we support nearly 2,000 local people, delivering care across multiple settings. Our services are not just for patients, but for their family and friends too, and include everything from specialist medical care to bereavement support and practical help. We also work with other community services that provide a variety of training and education to local professionals and carers about palliative care and bereavement.
The Hospice generates £6 million per annum to fund its overheads and employs more than 150 people. Volunteer support is core to the success of St Nic’s and with more than 500 volunteers are working at retail shops, fundraising events, bereavement support settings and providing practical support in people’s homes.
St Nic’s provides palliative care to people, including their families and carers, living with dying and grief, promoting their health and emotional wellbeing.
We work with a wide range of organisations and volunteers to support the community and we aim to:
- Equip people and communities to support those who are approaching the end of their lives, their families and carers through providing information, practical advice, contacts and specialist support for their care.
- Provide education, training and support in both community and health care settings.
- Establish a network of volunteers to support dying, death and grief in the community we serve, and to.
- Ensure the provision of specialist end of life care for those with complex health needs.
At present, in addition to its community services, we operate a six to eight bed inpatient unit located in the grounds of the West Suffolk Hospital. Our clinical team includes consultants in palliative medicine who are employed both by the Hospice and the Hospital provide specialist care. This unit serves people with the most complex health needs.
We promise to make the most of every donation and more than 70% of our income is from voluntary sources.
Our income comes from donations, fundraising, a local lottery, legacies, retail sales from a network of charity shops, house clearance, online sales and grants from our region’s Clinical Commissioning Groups.
Work as part of the Directorate team to ensure the successful achievement of the Hospice’s strategy and operational plans.
Provide strategic leadership to develop and lead the income generation and marketing strategy for St Nicholas Hospice Care to secure the resources required to deliver its strategic objectives, both now and in the future.
What we want from you
- An effective and highly motivated leader who will drive the development and delivery of the hospice strategy whilst also being flexible and reacting swiftly to changing needs and demanding situations.
- Ability to provide inspiring leadership with appropriate line management ability, ensuring clear delegation of day-to-day operations. Able to work at a strategic and visionary level but also to manage detail and complexities if required.
- Understanding and experience of the charity sector with proven experience in innovation in fundraising.
- Substantial experience and success in leading and managing
- Business case development
- Sound emotional intelligence and ability to lead a diverse workforce through change and growth during these challenging times.
- Education to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop, foster, maintain and utilise a network of relationships.
- Understanding and empathy with the Hospice Vision and Strategy.
Closing date: Friday 10th December 2021
Please click ‘Apply on website’ to be directed to the Peridot Partners website and to contact the advising consultants to discuss this role in more detail.