Philharmonia are recruiting for the newly created role of Senior Development Manager to lead the corporate stewardship and cultivation strategy as they work closely with the Director of Development on a major fundraising drive to increase income as they build towards their 80th anniversary in 2025.
The Philharmonia Development department is an 8-person team responsible for voluntary income from individual, corporate partners/ sponsors and trusts & foundations. Under Chair, Lord King of Lothbury and CEO Designate, Thorben Dittes (starting 1 Aug 2022), the department is driving a step-change in fundraising to achieve an annual target of £2m by the Philharmonia’s 80th anniversary in 2025.
The team has access to high-profile senior volunteers, and a highly engaged player group to support these goals. The Board of Trustees are highly engaged with the fundraising strategy, as donors themselves and advocates alike. Santtu-Matias Rouvali (Principal Conductor) and the members of the orchestra regularly attend pre-and post-concert engagements, as well as significant fundraising events, such as the gala in April 2022.
The Board of the Philharmonia Foundation (based in New York) actively supports our stewardship and cultivation in support of American touring, for example at a recital & reception in New York in February 2022.
2,500 members, donors and prospects attended events in the 2021/22 season with opportunities to engage around main-stage concerts in the Royal Festival Hall and our residencies, as well as at community project sharings, chamber recitals and recording sessions.
Role and responsibilities
Reporting to: Director of Development
Line manages: Development Administrator
- Account-manage all current corporate partners and sponsors, make approaches to all corporate partners and sponsors to secure renewal of their membership and/or support
- Identify opportunities and overcome obstacles to securing profitable partnerships
- Ensure that corporate benefits for supporters are consistently delivered to a high standard
- Review and refresh the Development Communications strategy to demonstrate the impact and the difference made by corporate and individual donations (including letters, digital campaigns and all thanking and automated renewal emails)
- Grow and sustain a pipeline of corporate partners to secure sponsorship and membership for Philharmonia projects and unrestricted giving targets
- Support the Director of Development to identify opportunities for businesses to support the Philharmonia and lead approaches to prospective partners Strategy and Planning
- Work with the Events Manager to develop a cultivation and stewardship strategy to increase the pool of prospective supporters across giving streams,
- Work with Marketing and Digital teams to maximise opportunities to raise the profile of fundraising activity, and improve supporter experience on our platform
Monitoring and Organisation
- Participate in budget and forecasting process, ensuring that income is projected as accurately as possible
- Monitor and report on corporate giving income, tracking in line with agreed targets and forecasts
- Line-manage the Development Administrator, developing their skills to support accurate and informative management of the Philharmonia’s CRM.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking an intelligent and creative professional, with management experience, who is looking for a varied and exciting role in a stimulating environment.
We are searching for an expert partnership broker with great experience of building sustainable long-term relationships with corporate partners.
Suitable applicants will be strategic thinkers who are able to work in tandem with colleagues across a broad range of disciplines whilst maintaining a strong focus on their portfolio.
Closing date: By 9 a.m Wednesday 27th July 2022
Please click ‘Apply via website’ to be directed to the Peridot Partners website and to contact the advising consultants to discuss this role in more detail.