Purpose of the Position: To provide care and support to individuals within their own home.
- To develop and maintain the skills of the service user by encouraging and involving them in day to day activities, participating in service users’ chosen activities and enhancing community networks.
- To facilitate and support the person to make all decisions affecting their life.
- To support the service user to maintain their health and general wellbeing.
- To support the service user with personal care as required.
- To carry out household duties, in a way that involves the person as much as possible.
- To support the service user to plan social activities and holidays and to accompany the service user when required.
- To maintain records as required by the service and service user.
A good personal assistant……
- Gets to know the person, as a person first, not their disability first.
- Works in partnership with the person, working together as a team.
- Knows when to step in and out of situations.
- Asks the person what support is required.
- Builds relationships based on trust and respect for the person. They should not take over.
- Helps the person to make informed choices and express their opinions about things.
- Helps the person to work on their own initiative.
- Supports the person to have opportunities to make improvements in their life.
- Understands that the person is the decision maker.
- Sticks with the person through good times and bad times.
- Helps the person prioritise and plan what they are doing in the week / month / year ahead and checks what help they need to make things happen.
- Supports and encourages the person to do what they want to do.
- Has to believe in the person.
- Ensures the person has control over his / her life.
This is a full time role, 38 hours per week
We do not accept CV's as a form of application, applicants must submit a completed Creative Support application form which can be requested or downloaded via the listed methods. An enhanced DBS check is required for which we pay for. Creative Support is not a recruitment sourcing agency, all employees are directly employed by our organisation. We do not accept cold calls or sales/marketing contact from recruitment candidate sourcing/advertising agencies. Upon receipt of your application we will email you a confirmation of receipt. If you do not receive this confirmation email please contact us via telephone or email. Contact information can be found on our company website.
Closing Date : 18 January 2017