Job Title: Managing Director
Hours: Full time / permanent
We are working in partnership with Personal Best Education, which is a trading subsidiary of the prestigious Mountbatten School, to find their next Managing Director. Personal Best Education is an inspirational and dynamic company, where no two days are the same as it aims to provide activities, programmes and services that enable others to achieve their personal best. Personal Best Education started in 2011/12 with £60,000 investment and has grown to a £3.5 million turnover today, it is hoped the next Managing Director will lead the organisation in to a second phase of substantial growth.
As the Senior Executive, alongside the Chief Executive and Board of Directors, you will be responsible and accountable for drawing up a medium and long term vision, and driving the underpinning strategy for Personal Best Education. You will be responsible for motivating a multi-disciplinary team, business diversification and generating income.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Significant management and leadership experience, including at senior level in a complex, multi-stakeholder organisation
- Evidence of strategic thinking and vision, with the ability to analyse complex concepts and information
- Financial acumen to set up and manage a budget, interpret profit, loss and balance sheets and management reports
- A track record of forging successful partnerships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to develop new funding streams and business opportunities
- A clear record of developing and sustaining a customer focussed culture
You will be innovative, entrepreneurial and flexible with a participative and inclusive management style, and have the ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals. Self-motivated and proactive, you will be able to identify opportunities whilst raising and maintaining the profile and performance of the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. To apply please submit your CV and supporting statement quoting our reference JO1696. For any further information, please contact Jenny Warner.
Closing date for applications: 12 September 2019
First interview date: w/c 30 September 2019