PestalozziWorld is an International educational charity making an incredible impact on lives of vulnerable children in Africa and Asia. The Charity finds talented children around age ten in the poorest, hard to reach parts of South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa, including many refugee camps, brings them to one of its residential Villages, enrols them in a good secondary school and eight years later sends them off prepared for success in college or employment or in their efforts to pay forward the remarkable help they received.
Our programmes are inspired and guided by the educational philosophy of Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi, a Swiss humanitarian who devoted his life to the education of children. A philosophy that includes the development of practical skills and social awareness in addition to academic achievements
We are looking to appoint a CEO to lead and shape the future of our inspirational charity and develop and diversify the fundraising strategy to ensure the Charity’s long term sustainability. The successful candidate will be highly driven, commercially minded and bring a proven track record of both operational and strategic leadership and fundraising experience
- Promoting the values and goals of the organisation within the charity and with strategic partners and donors
- Developing and growing income generation capacity, proactively seeking to broaden the funding base.
- Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to achieve income targets
- Develop and implement innovative strategies and operational plan
- Overseeing programme delivery and monitoring, with a focus on quality and best practice standards
- Managing finances, income generation and ensuring sound budgeting and financial management reporting
- Leading and managing staff and volunteers, with openness and transparency, ensuring that both well-being and performance are high priorities
- Developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, including funders and providers
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal regulatory requirements, including those required by the Charity Commission and other legal, statutory and regulatory bodies.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in the third sector or SME environments
- Ability to bridge the gap between being hands on and operating at a strategic level
- Experience of working at a senior management level
- Demonstrable track record of Fundraising
- Understanding of the charity regulatory environment and governance
- An excellent communicator with good technical, fundraising and financial skills.
- Willingness to travel and undertake monitoring visits to India, Nepal and Zambia
- Experience of leading and managing staff and volunteers across a multi-site environment
- Will be committed to the cause and able to work effectively with the Administrator and the Chair of Trustees in London.
- 4 days per week.
PestalozziWorld is an equal opportunities emloyer. To apply for the role please submit your CV and a supporting statement (of no more than one A4 side) .
NB: Due to limited resources, feedback to applicants will only be supplied to those candidates who are interviewed
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.