International education charity, PestalozziWorld are looking for an experienced administrator to provide maternity cover for one year, starting in early September 2019. PestalozziWorld provides learning opportunities for children from the poorest parts of sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, equipping them with knowledge, skills and ethics.
We are looking for an experienced administator to provide professional and efficient administrative support to PestalozziWorld, ensuring the effective running of the charity office and daily business. To be responsible for the charity marketing including management of social media and website. To help coordinate fundraising activity in conjunction with the Fundraising Director. This is a full-time role but we are willing to consider compressed hours.
This varied role will be pivotal to the support of a core team and the successful candidate must be able to deal competently and professionally with all administration requirements, in particular the following experience is required:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- General office management, dealing with incoming mail, email and phone calls
- Liaising with Pestalozzi Villages, Fundraising Trusts and other partners, arranging overseas payments with approval of Trustees
- Preparing and collating reports for quarterly Trustees’ meetings
- Organising and attending Trustees’ meetings and taking minutes
- Maintaining donor and contacts databases
- Maintaining the consolidated scholar database
- Monitoring donations, providing applications/reports to donors and foundations as required and making Gift Aid applications to HMRC
- Event organisation
- Communications- responsible for producing newsletter and Annual Review
- Website, social media and email maintenance
- Basic book-keeping and accounting, including monthly reconciliation of accounts and preparation for annual audit (desirable)
- Responsible for data protection
- Facilitating the recruitment of volunteers for Pestalozzi centres
- To undertake any other projects as determined by management
- Communication and people skills: Often being the first point of contact, the Charity Administrator will need to possess excellent communication skills. The image of the organisation and its services relies heavily on the ability of the Charity Administrator to communicate effectively and sympathetically with a wide variety of people including staff and supporters.
- Time management skills: The Charity Administrator will need to possess excellent time management and organisational skills to be able to deal with a multitude of tasks and a range of priorities.
- Information Technology skills: The Charity Administrator will need strong IT skills and be competent in the use of most Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel. A working knowledge of PowerPoint and Publisher would also be helpful.
- Problem solving skills: The Charity Administrator will need to be practical, proactive, unflappable and able to use their initiative.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and C.V to [email protected] We will be reviewing applications as they are recieved and the post may be filled before the application deadline so please send your application as early as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.