Campaigner, France (Contractor)
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Foundation UK seeks a suitably qualified
contractor based in Paris to oversee and coordinate campaign-related projects and public-awareness initiatives.
- Manage campaign plans, priorities, timelines, and agendas
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to ensure the success of PETA's campaigns in France – including identifying key priorities, carrying out in-depth research, and analysing relevant links, key players, and policies
- Work with all of PETA's departments – particularly the media, corporate, digital, and celebrity teams – to ensure campaign plans are thoroughly executed, maximising their public exposure and success
- Write and review relevant campaign copy, including, but not limited to, letters, opinion pieces, web copy, petition text, and media soundbites
- Represent the organisation at public-speaking engagements, in debates, with policymakers, and to the media and the general public
- Analyse the effectiveness of PETA's campaigns and activities, and suggest improvements in order to maximise their impact
- Lead on various special projects designed to inform the public about animal protection issues, including demonstrations and other outreach
- Develop an activist network by identifying, recruiting, and communicating positively with existing and potential activists
- Work with the PETA Foundation US production team to order new and redesigned posters, banners, and literature
- Translate texts into French
- Travel, when necessary, for meetings and to oversee events
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
The ideal candidate will be fluent in French and English, be confident speaking in public, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. They will have the ability to advocate the organisation's positions on issues to a wide variety of people in a professional and personable manner. They will have proven campaigning experience, have a thorough understanding of animal rights issues, and be committed to the objectives of the organisation, including by adhering to a vegan lifestyle.