Challenging, interesting, part-time (20 hours per week) Fundraising role for an experienced fundraiser at this activity charity near Portsmouth. Set high on Purbrook Hill in historic Fort Purbrook and Fort Widley with amazing views over Portsmouth, this charity makes the most of its heritage setting. The role is for a fixed-term of one year in the first instance with the potential to extend at the end of the period by mutual agreement. This is a chance for an experienced fundraiser to build a new function from the ground up at an established charity. If you are looking for a challenge and would love a part-time fundraising role in a heritage setting, apply now!
The Fundraising Officer is responsible to the Operations Director and the wider Trust in achieving the development objectives in the Fundraising strategy.
Working to the Fundraising Strategy, the role will be standalone and will work closely with both Centre Managers and the Deputy Operations Director and Operations Director in identifying opportunities for funding which align with our Mission and Vision. The Fundraising Officer will also work closely with the Events and Outreach team in promoting the fundraising message.
The Fundraising Officer will initially be responsible for the set-up of the client relationship management database and establishing systems and processes in support of fundraising.
The Fundraising Officer will demonstrate our core values of professionalism, service, teamwork, initiative and innovation.
This role requires a level of flexibility as it will includes some evening and weekend work to attend fundraising events.
- Ensure our fundraising message is heard by the right audience;
- Communicate effectively with regular donors;
- Develop partnerships with local community groups interested in supporting our mission;
- Process donations including Gift Aid claims;
- Support with setting up and maintaining the fundraising database;
- Ensure all fundraising records on the database are up to date;
- Ensure opportunities for funding are followed up;
- Co-ordinate meetings with donors and potential donors for self and Operations Director as appropriate;
- Set up and manage the Friends programme (low-level individual giving);
- Create and follow up on fundraising communications;
- Prepare informative updates for inclusion on the website and social media;
- Create and send regular fundraising communications to existing and potential donors;
- Produce other fundraising materials with support from the Marketing Assistant;
- Create a programme of Friends and higher-level donor events, including organising and running events and managing the administration for same.
- General fundraising administration;
Once the role is established, the Fundraising Officer will also be responsible for:
- Small trust applications (preparing and submitting applications and reporting);
- Corporate fundraising;
- Legacy fundraising.
- The Fundraising Officer will contribute information as required to management reporting and to other departments of the Trust.
- The Fundraising Officer will be required to carry out other duties from time to time at the direction of the Operations Director.
This job description may be updated in consultation with the jobholder from time to time.
General skills, attributes and experience
- Friendly, approachable and helpful
- Organised and solutions focused
- Professional in appearance and approach
- Team worker
- Ability to work with limited direction
- Excellent written and face-to-face communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
Fundraising skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role for a registered charity
- Experience of face-to-face fundraising
- Experience of donor relationship management
- Experience of managing low-level individual giving programmes
- Experience of managing a CRM database for fundraising
- Experience of working in a heritage environment
- Experience of working for a small (<50 employees) charity
- Experience of setting up a CRM database
- Event management or event support experience
- Marketing experience including digital
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.