PHASE Worldwide is seeking an outstanding candidate to succeed its current Director. The new Director will lead the organisation, in partnership with the Board of Trustees, through the next exciting stage of organisational development.
Over the past 15 years, PHASE Worldwide has matured from a volunteer led charity to a recognised international development organisation with funding from well-known institutions, individuals, and businesses. Every year, with this support, we change the lives of over 50,000 people. Today our work is focused on Nepal, but we plan to expand our support into other countries too.
The perfect candidate should be an inspirational leader with experience of management within the charity or private sector. They should be driven, resilient, and entrepreneurial. They should bring a strong track record of fundraising and securing both unrestricted and restricted funding. This is a rare hands-on opportunity to grow a small charity that has huge impact in our next strategic period.
The successful applicant will lead a staff team that consists of a Partnerships Manager, Communications and Digital Officer, and Trust and Foundations Officer (part-time). The Board of Trustees will require the Director to support them to fulfil governance and regulatory requirements and lead on future strategic direction in line with mission and vision. The Director will ensure that PHASE Worldwide meets its strategic and financial objectives and responds to and identifies current and future challenges.
Specific responsibilies: fundraising and communications, governance and strategy, partnerships, finance, and management.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of managing a small team
- Proven track record of income generation from unrestricted, restricted, or commercial sources in particular corporate partnerships and public appeals
- Experience of governance and working with a Board of Trustees at a strategic level, including developing and implementing strategies and policies
- Experience of financial management and use of Quickbooks
Skills and Abilities
- Good ability to motivate yourself and others
- A good strategic thinker who can convert vision into implementation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised and able to manage a fast paced and varied workload
- The ability to build relationships with different stakeholders
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, CRM Databases, and Microsoft Teams
- A commitment to our work and values, particularly empowerment
- Ability to travel across the UK and overseas
- Ability to work flexibly as required
Our office is in Bristol, BS2, but we are currently working in a hybrid model. We are happy to discuss flexible working requests further with applicants. Ability to travel to the Bristol office and to Nepal is required.
Applications close on Friday 29th October 2021 at 17:00 UK.
Interview in Bristol/London – Thursday 4th or Friday 5th November 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.