About The Role
Fixed term contract for 18 months with potential to extend
Hours: 35hrs p/w
Days: Monday - Friday
Location: London and West
As an Assistant Area Manager for London and West region, you will assist the Area Managers by providing capacity support within their areas. You will be responsible for a small team of School Based Staff who deliver one to one interventions across primary and secondary schools in the region and will work closely with the Area Manager to ensure that services are delivered to the highest standards.
Celebrating the voices and lived experiences of children and young people and ensuring these are at the heart of the service we provide you will work directly with schools offering in-school mental health support for pupils, families and school staff.
Collaboration and partnership work are at the heart of this role. Working with the Area Managers you will ensure that all aspects of this delivery are part of a multi-agency approach to create multiple pathways to ease access for young people and families to support their wellbeing.
You will bring passion and strong organisational skills to the team during this exciting period of opportunity for the organisation.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
- ensure high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in all Place2Be schools
- establish and maintain positive and active relationships with head teachers and governing bodies in partner schools
- undertake regular line management responsibilities of team members, reviewing on an ongoing basis delivery components in line with agreed outputs and KPIs
- analyse and use service data from your team and schools to inform and improve your team’s performance
- with the support of your Area Manager support people development; nurture skills and talent across your team to enable people to grow and develop
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from applicants from diverse backgrounds as they are underrepresented.
Additionally, for our clinical roles we are particularly keen in attracting male candidates to reflect the diversity of the partner schools and communities we work in.
All successful applicants to clinical and some non-clinical roles will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG.
The successful candidate will have:
- a Management qualification
- experience as a collaborative team player, concerned with team success as well as individual performance
- experience of managing small teams which may be multidisciplinary in nature to deliver locality/service objectives
- a track record of delivering results with quality outcomes, measured to key performance indicators
- experience managing health / social care / education services in either the statutory or voluntary sector
- demonstratable experience in leading clinical services for children and young people
Interview Dates: Thursday 13th January 2022 ZOOM Video Interview
Closing date: 03 Jan 2022
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.