About The Role
Hours: 35 hrs p/w
Days: Monday - Friday
Location: Flexible working - 50/50 split between home-working, and 175 St John Street, Farringdon
The role of Corporate Partnerships Officer is fundamentally to help grow our corporate fundraising portfolio. You are part of a small but dynamic team consisting of a Head of Corporate Partnerships, two Corporate Partnerships Managers and another Corporate Partnerships Officer. We have achieved significant growth in the past few years, securing a number of high-value partnerships such as Citibank, Bank of America and Barclays. The team has a 21/22 target of £2.7 million which we are expecting to exceed even following the extraordinary impacts of the pandemic in the last few years.
The role will be split between new business – researching, prospecting and developing new opportunities - and account management; you will have your own portfolio of partnerships and will support the team to deliver larger partnerships. You will manage engagement activity with our corporate partners including events with schools and mental health lunch and learn seminars.
This role requires you to be proactive, results-driven and commercially aware, you will enjoy collaborating with others for the good of a business. Good administrative, organisational skills and strong written skills are essential, as well as strong verbal communication and a good ability to form positive working relationships with external stakeholders.
The role is primarily based at our Core office on St John’s Street, London for five days a week, though due to current restrictions caused by COVID-19, employees are able to work remotely from home whilst the office is closed.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
- with the support of the Corporate Partnerships Manager, deliver on areas of new business research including identifying and researching prospects, managing a pipeline and developing tailored propositions and applications
- with the support of the Corporate Partnerships Manager, manage a portfolio of corporate partnerships,
delivering first class stewardship to increase engagement, value and longevity of support
- provide support to the Corporate Partnerships Managers and the Head of Corporate Partnerships for high value corporate partnerships including through Charity of the Year, cause-related marketing and sponsorship
- act as a database (ThankQ) “Champion” working to ensure that all information is up to date and all team members are confident and competent users
- provide support on delivering corporate engagement activities for corporate partners
- work with the Head of Corporate Partnerships to forecast and provide regular financial updates
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from applicants from diverse backgrounds as they are underrepresented.
The successful candidate will have:
- proven track record managing or supporting the management of corporate partnerships, or relevant experience/transferable skills
- excellent writing skills with a good ability to write compelling and persuasive copy (such as for thank you letters, applications and reports) as well as formal and professional emails/communications to internal and external stakeholders
- strong organisational and administrative skills to support a team with daily tasks and processes such as diary management, arranging and booking meetings, overseeing the upkeep of frequently used documents and spreadsheets
- effective stewarding relationships with donors and external stakeholders
- experience organising events and engagement activities for external stakeholders to a high standard, including overseeing communications between several parties (e.g. internal employees, a corporate partner and a school)
Interview Date: Friday 28th January 2022 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.