About The Role
Hours: 35hrs p/w
Days: Monday - Friday
Location: Scotland, remote working option available
Salary: £56K *plus Benefits
We are delighted to be recruiting a Director for Scotland , this is a key role in leading Place2Be in Scotland.
Reporting to Director of Operations, you will provide strategic leadership for all aspects of Place2Be service delivery in Scotland, ensuring that Place2Be delivers great services to our schools, supporting the needs of children in Scotland.
You will have overall responsibility for leading and developing our mental health services in Scotland. You will lead, build and develop school-based service management teams, ensuring appropriate professional development, training and succession plans are in place and that resources are available to meet service commitments.
To be considered for this position you will have a demonstrable track record of delivering results with quality outcomes. You will need to be a collaborative team player, concerned with team success as well as individual performance.
You must have experience of financial and budget management including planning, development, forecasting and business development.
The successful candidate needs to have a clear understanding of the requirements of delivering services to schools in Scotland and the stakeholder environment.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
Following geographical regions:
- Scotland (all areas)
- Scotland East
- Scotland West
- Scotland North
Travel across this region may be required
- drive and deliver high quality standards in Place2Be schools; ensuring standards are met or exceeded
- ensure policies and procedures are effectively implemented and adhered to
- hold accountability for school retention and development of partnerships with Place2Be schools
- Identify opportunities for growth and development through partnership building with a range of stakeholders
- lead, build and develop effective relationships with the Scotland Business Development Manager and Scotland Clinical Lead to ensure continued delivery and expansion of Place2Be services
- take lead responsibility for safeguarding management and work with the Head of Safeguarding to ensure best practice of all safeguarding issues and concerns in line with Place2Be’s policy
- be accountable for Place2Be service that delivers a whole-school approach to mental health; involving sourcing adequate numbers of trainee counsellors through local colleges, universities and other providers
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from candidates from diverse groups who are underrepresented.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- possess degree level qualification or equivalent
- have experience leading multi-functional teams at senior management level and fostering a culture of learning, growth and professional development
- have a track record of delivering results with quality outcomes
- have demonstrable experience in leading and developing clinical services for children and young people
- experience of previously building and nurturing strong relationships both internally and externally
- experience of financial and budget management including planning, development, forecasting and setting
- have a proven ability to think strategically, use initiative and to actively seek innovative approaches to problem solving and delivering results
- possess strong interpersonal skills including motivation, negotiating, influencing and networking to build strong internal and external relationships
- have good understanding of quality assurance and effective performance monitoring
1st Interview date: W/C 6 December 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
*In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.