Your new employer:
One in ten children has a diagnosable mental health problem such as anxiety or depression. That’s three children in every single UK classroom. Mental health problems impact a child’s wellbeing, happiness and education.
Place2Be provides emotional and therapeutic services in primary and secondary schools, building children's resilience through talking, creative work and play. Place2Be provides children’s mental health services in over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of 350,000 pupils, helping them to cope with wide-ranging and often complex social issues including bullying, bereavement, domestic violence, family breakdown, neglect and trauma .
Isn’t this the type of life changing organisation you’d like to work for? Yes….then read on
What will I be doing in this role:
You will be an enthusiastic Fundraising Assistant looking to support Place2Be’s outstanding fundraising team by working on a range of exciting and important projects, to enable and support the wider team to achieve its income target. When interest in children’s mental health has never been stronger, this is an exciting time to be joining our dynamic organisation and make a real difference to children’s futures.
For the ideal person, this is a fantastic opportunity to get into fundraising and to broaden your knowledge of the role and sector. So, if you have great administrative and organisational skills, together with an enthusiastic, effective and flexible approach to work and a genuine passion to make a difference, then we would like to hear from you!
The successful candidate:
As the successful candidate you’ll need to have proven experience in administration, demonstrating great ability in being organised alongside an enthusiastic and flexible approach as well as strong interpersonal and people skills.
So what would my days look like in this role? Well, here’s a list we prepared earlier:
- Providing support to the Events team on key events such as gala dinners, London Marathon, carol concert and cultivation events.
- Providing administrative support to the fundraising team, sending out materials etc.
- Researching priority new business opportunities for relevant teams
- Provide logistical or admin support at key external Place2Be events
- Acting as a first point of contact for inbound fundraising enquiries and ensure that all supporter enquiries are dealt with promptly and to agreed timescales and standards.
- With the support of the Individual Giving Manager, develop standardised and personalised communication tactics for supporters.
- Support Individual Giving Manager and Events team to ensure all donations / online payments are promptly and accurately processed and recorded on to the database.
- Ensure any other income coding responsibility is accurately logged, processed and thanked.
- Liaise with the finance team to coordinate the month end reconciliation process with the wider team
- Hmm we could go on and bore you….. but hope by now you’ve seen enough to download our full JD & person specification in order to apply
As the successful candidate you’ll be able to demonstrate the following as part of your application:
- Previous administrative experience in a private / non-profit organisation
- Proven track record of effective administrative work
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications – particularly Excel
- Experience of working with databases
- Proven interest in the charity sector
- Experience with customer/ client facing responsibilities
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through on leads and on project work
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Financially literate
- Able to communicate with a wide range of people both internally and externally
If this is the role for you then our Fund Raising Team are eagerly expecting your application!
Closing Date: Thursday 12th December 2019 at 11:59pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 17th December 2019
Start Date: ASAP
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping give young people brighter futures.
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are keen to reflect the diversity of the partner schools we work in and are particularly interested in attracting applications from male candidates, as well as candidates from Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.