About The Role
Hours: 17.5hrs p/w
Days: Flexible part-time
Location: London, EC1V 4LW
Place2Be are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Fundraising Income Processing Officer based within Fundraising Team but working closely with Finance. In this role, you will ensure the efficient and effective processing of income from our supporters.
This role is managed by the Individual Giving Manager, who also manages the Supporter Care Officer, who you will also work closely with. You will process income for the wider Fundraising Team, playing a key role in helping us achieve our target of £7m this financial year.
At a time when interest in children’s mental health has never been stronger, this is an exciting time to be joining our dynamic organisation and make a real and tangible difference to children’s futures.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
- work closely with the fundraising and finance teams to ensure the smooth processing of donations
- process and post all income onto the ThankQ database, ensuring that all income information is kept up to date and within timescales set
- follow agreed processes for coding all income accurately including restricted income
- carry out donation processing and administration duties for standing orders & CAF
- add and amend details within the ThankQ database, follow data protection, data maintenance, PCI compliance and data collection procedures. Maintain the security and confidentiality of individual details as required at all times
- follow agreed processes for making financial adjustments and recoding income when required
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds.
Additionally, for our clinical roles we are particularly keen in attracting male candidates to reflect the diversity of the partner schools and communities we work in.
All successful applicants to clinical roles will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience in processing and coding income, ideally within a charitable organisation
- strong organising and interpersonal skills; able to develop professional and effective relationships with colleagues
- experience of monitoring and maintaining recording systems and procedures
- previous experience of using a range of IT packages including ThankQ (or Raisers Edge) and Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Outlook and Excel
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- self-motivation with experience of planning and organising own work and meeting deadlines
- highly numerate and the ability to work within established financial procedures
Interview Dates: W/c 16th August 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Last year, Place2Be worked directly with 700 schools through our in-school mental health services or training, reaching a school community of over 380,000 pupils.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the ‘comprehensive CAMHS system’.
Through our professional development programme, we are training c1200 Counsellors on Placement each year who build their mental health and counselling skills and experience through practice in our partner schools. We also provide a range of professional development programmes on mental health and wellbeing for school leaders, teachers and other professionals who work with children and young people, so we can help to build ‘mentally healthy’ schools and communities where all children can thrive and flourish.
We continue to pilot, trial and explore new ways in which we can develop our practice as well as share learning, expertise and findings from the robust evidence and evaluation we gather. HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is our Royal Patron and Place2Be is one of the founding charity partners of Heads Together. We also work collaboratively with a range of charities and expert organisations to leverage best-in-class knowledge and expertise to inform, develop and improve outcomes for the children, families and schools we support.
We ask our staff team to share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity, and to have the skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable children and families.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.