Head of Trusts & Grants
Salary £47,000 - £49,8640 per annum
(Monday - Friday)
Location: 175 St John Street, London EC1V 4LW
Your new employer:
Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert training to improve the emotional wellbeing of pupils, families, teachers and school staff.
We provide emotional and therapeutic services in over 600 primary and secondary schools in England, Scotland and Wales, reaching a school population of approximately 350,000 children - building children's resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play.
Place2Be also provides training on mental health and wellbeing for teachers and other professionals who work with children and young people, so we can help to build "mentally healthy" schools and communities where all children can thrive and grow up with prospects, not problems.
Are we the type of life changing organisation you’d like to work for? Yes…. read on
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit an exceptional Head of Trusts & Grants to lead our successful team in achieving annual income targets by delivering a high-quality trusts & grants programme, which engages a wide range of new and existing trust and statutory funders in a variety of different ways. At a time when interest in children’s mental health has never been stronger, this is an exciting time to be joining our dynamic organisation and make a real and tangible difference to children’s futures.
As the successful candidate you will possess extensive experience with a solid track record working with different Trusts and Grants. We are investing heavily in these income areas in a bid to drive forward activity to achieve our ambitious growth plans.
We are looking for a natural and strategic leader, experienced in leading and managing a successful team. An excellent relationship builder you will shape the future direction for Trusts and Grants income at Place2Be. You will need to have experience of devising and implementing successful business plans, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and superb project management skills.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Track record of managing trusts & grants funders and delivering exceptional performance and quality
- Strong track record of achieving income targets – both personally and through leading a team
- of fundraisers
- Experience of securing new high-value trusts & grants supporters from prospect research and managing a pipeline to winning new support
- Extensive experience of managing budgets
- Track record of managing complex relationships with funders, involving sophisticated reporting and stewardship
- Management (including the planning, resourcing, implementation & monitoring) of successful fundraising campaigns involving multiple income streams and rigorous deadlines
- A team leader and player. Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate and influence others through both verbal and written media and demonstrates the ability to build effective partnerships
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Amazing offices in the heart of the city, a brisk walk from Farringdon Station
- Fantasic work culture and office environemnt
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended maternity/paternity pay
A supportive organisation we offer strong and clear leadership as well as a fantastic working environment to ensure your early success.
*Please note we are NOT using agencies for this recruitment and you can only apply diretcly via Charity Jobs or the Place2Be website.
Closing Date: Sunday 17th November 2019 at 11:59pm
1st Interview: Wednesday 20th November 2019
2nd Interview: TBC 2019
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work - but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping give young people brighter futures.
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are keen to reflect the diversity of the partner schools we work in and are particularly interested in attracting applications from male candidates, as well as candidates from Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.