Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the ‘comprehensive CAMHS system’.
Through our professional development programme, we are training c1200 Counsellors on Placement each year who build their mental health and counselling skills and experience through practice in our partner schools. We also provide a range of professional development programmes on mental health and wellbeing for school leaders, teachers and other professionals who work with children and young people, so we can help to build ‘mentally healthy’ schools and communities where all children can thrive and flourish.
We continue to pilot, trial and explore new ways in which we can develop our practice as well as share learning, expertise and findings from the robust evidence and evaluation we gather. HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is our Royal Patron and Place2Be is one of the founding charity partners of Heads Together. We also work collaboratively with a range of charities and expert organisations to leverage best-in-class knowledge and expertise to inform, develop and improve outcomes for the children, families and schools we support. We ask our staff team to share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity, and to have the skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable children and families.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high performing, fast paced HR team in order to provide comprehensive human resources support to the whole organisation.
You will contribute to Place2Be’s strategic and operational HR objectives and provide the full range of HR generalist advice and guidance to managers and employees. As the first point of contact for all employee related matters, you will ensure that staff are aware of our HR policies and procedures and that these are being implemented consistently across the organisation.
You will develop and coach managers so that they can confidently and consistently address any staffing issues that may arise alongside managing routine employee relation cases. You will manage the ill-health and sickness absence process, regularly engaging with our Occupational Health and EAP providers.
Proven experience in a HR function alongside a solid understanding of employment legislation and employee relations is essential, together with an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work, strong interpersonal skills and a genuine passion to make a difference.
- Work alongside the HR Officer to act as the first point of contact for all HR queries and ensure a timely and responsive HR service is delivered
- Support to coordinate and provide training in relation to the annual performance management process
- Advise, guide and support managers with all matters relating to employee relations
- Provide effective management of people related issues such as disciplinaries, grievance, redundancies and performance management
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Because we are keen to reflect the diversity of the partner schools we work in, we are particularly interested in attracting male candidates,as well as candidates from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds.
All successful applicants will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG.
You will posses:
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, procedures and best practice
- Previous experience in managing a range of employee relation cases and working with highly sensitive information
- Be CIPD Qualified or working towards a CIPD accreditation
- Good oral and written communication and the ability to build effective relationships
- Great understanding of UK employment law with the ability to implement legal advice into practice
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.