Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the ‘comprehensive CAMHS system’.
About The Role
Hours: 35hrs p/w
Days: Monday- Friday
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high performing, fast paced HR team in order to provide comprehensive human resources support to the whole organisation.
You will contribute to Place2Be’s strategic and operational HR objectives and provide the full range of HR generalist advice and guidance to managers and employees. As the first point of contact for all employee related matters, you will ensure that staff are aware of our HR policies and procedures and that these are being implemented consistently across the organisation.
You will develop and coach managers so that they can confidently and consistently address any staffing issues that may arise alongside managing routine employee relations cases. You will manage the offboarding process for our staff, providing managers with operational support alongside overseeing exit interview feedback.
Proven experience in a HR function alongside a solid understanding of employment legislation and employee relations is essential, together with an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work, strong interpersonal skills and a genuine passion to make a difference.
- Work alongside the HR Officer to act as the first point of contact for all HR queries and ensure a timely and responsive HR service is delivered
- Support to coordinate and provide training in relation to the annual performance management process
- Advise, guide and support managers with all matters relating to employee relations
- Provide effective management of people related issues such as disciplinaries, grievance, redundancies and performance management
You will posses:
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, procedures and best practice
- Proven experience managing a range of employee relations cases
- Be CIPD Qualified or working towards a CIPD accreditation
- Good oral and written communication and the ability to build effective relationships
- Great understanding of UK employment law with the ability to implement legal advice into practice
- Ability to build effective relationships, both internally and externally
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
Interview Date: Tuesday 15th December 2020 ZOOM Video Interview
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
To APPLY or to view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification please visit our website for further details.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.