Hours: 21 hrs p/w
Days: Monday + 2 other days that are flexible
Location: Split between home-working and 1.5 days a month at 175 St John Street, Farringdon
We’re looking for an experienced Internal Communications professional to join our Communications and Marketing Team. This is a newly created role, and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a charity that has real impact on the lives of children, young people and their families.
Our mission is to improve children and young people’s mental health, and central to that aim is developing a committed, inspired and engaged workforce. As Internal Communications Manager, you will work closely with our People & Culture team to ensure our 550+ staff have a real sense of belonging to the Place2Be family - whatever their role and wherever they work in the UK.
No week at Place2Be is the same. We have ambitious growth targets to reach more children and young people by 2025, and that will mean growing our teams – so if you are passionate about improving children’s mental health, we want to hear from you.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
- lead the development, delivery and evaluation of an internal communications strategy to drive the strategy, vision and values of Place2Be
- collaborate with the Director of People and Culture, the People experience Officer and Head of Communications to develop and deliver internal communications and engagement plans
- play a key role in the delivery of a programme of staff engagement events across our regions in summer and autumn 2022
- work closely with the Leadership Team to provide professional internal communications consultation and advice, as well as practical delivery
- build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels across Place2Be,and supporting the process of mapping out effective communication channels across Place2Be.
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from applicants from diverse groups.
Additionally, for our clinical roles we are particularly keen in attracting male candidates to reflect the diversity of the partner schools and communities we work in.
All successful applicants to clinical roles will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG.
We are an organisation that is fully committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and take this responsibility seriously.
The successful candidate:
- be highly organised and diligent, able to prioritise a busy workload and manage multiple deadlines
- hold significant experience in internal communications
- have experience maintaining website content, using CMS systems (e.g. SharePoint)
- have pervious experience using email marketing systems (e.g. MailChimp) and sound understanding of best practice
Interview Date : Tuesday 7 June [am] or Wednesday 8 June [am], or Thursday 9 June [pm]
Please feel free to visit our website if you have any questions about this role, or would like to speak to someone.
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.