About The Role
Hours: 35hrs p/w
Days: Monday - Friday
Location: East Kent and Medway
As the Area Manager for the East Kent and Medway Area, you will be responsible for managing a team of practitioners providing services across a number of primary and secondary schools, working with Senior Leaders to manage the contracts ensuring services are delivered safely and to a high standard.
A key part of this role will be to take forward the growth plan for the area, developing services with schools and Multi-Academy Trusts within the county. You will be working with the Business Development Manager, Regional Director and external funders to develop and secure contracts. Undertaking marketing and developing partnerships with these stakeholders will be critical to the success of this.
The role will also entail an understanding the local demographics, working closely with statutory organisations including CAMHS and the MHSTs as well as other voluntary agencies to work in an integrated way for children and young people to support their mental health and wellbeing.
You will bring passion, strong organisational skills and a flair for networking to the role during this exciting period of growth and opportunity for the organisation.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
- ensure high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in all Place2Be schools provide Safeguarding and Child Protection training for staff and volunteers
- establish and maintain positive and active relationships with head teachers and governing bodies in partner schools
- undertake regular line management responsibilities of team members, reviewing on an ongoing basis delivery components in line with agreed outputs and KPIs
- analyse and use service data from your team and schools to inform and improve your team’s performance
- support people development; nurture skills and talent across your team to enable people to grow and develop
The successful candidate will have
- experience of managing medium/large teams which may be multidisciplinary in nature to deliver locality/service objectives
- knowledge of relevant national policies, best practices, quality frameworks and local approaches to implementation within the specific area of mental health support for children and young people
- experience managing and leading health / social care / education services in either the statutory or voluntary sector
- the ability to influence people at all levels, in a clear, persuasive and tactful way
- strong multi-tasking skills, be flexible and show an ability to manage conflicting priorities
Interview Dates: 14th October 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
To apply or to view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification, please visit our website for further details.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.