Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the 'comprehensive CAMHS system’.
About The Role
MAT Cover for 13 Months
Hours: 35hrs p/w
Days: Mondays to Fridays
Location: London, EC1V 4LW
As Philanthropy & Special Events Manager at Place2Be, you will play a significant part in the Philanthropy & Special Events team, in a busy and varied role. This small but dynamic team consists of a Head of Philanthropy, Special Events and Individual Giving, a Philanthropy and Special Events Officer and an Individual Giving Manager. You will work with the team to deliver first-class event delivery and donor care to achieve ambitious financial targets.
This is a key role within the team, which is split between leading on the special events programme and managing a portfolio of high net worth prospects and donors. We are looking for someone who has extensive special events experience and can deliver excellent relationship management (cultivation and stewardship) for a growing portfolio of major donors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with excellent communication, organisation and writing skills. To be successful as our Philanthropy & Special Events Manager, you will have a passion and interest in people, have previously managed special events and have experience working with high net worth audiences.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
- with support from the Philanthropy & Special Events Officer, manage the scoping and organisation of the special events such as the annual Carol Concert, Golf Day, bespoke receptions and biennial Fundraising Dinner
- provide creativity in developing the content of events, as well as meticulous guest list management, production of related collateral, regular reporting and financial monitoring
- manage a portfolio of major donor prospects, donors and senior volunteers
- fully capitalise on Place2Be’s networks of contacts and maximise opportunities to develop new relationships, turning prospects into donors
- support the development and delivery of both the Philanthropy & Special Events and Fundraising strategies.
The successful candidate will have:
- demonstrable experience of working in a philanthropy fundraising role, or relevant experience/ transferable skills
- previous experience of organising fundraising and engagement events
- strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate and influence others through both verbal and written media and demonstrate the ability to sustain relationships
- experience of building effective relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- previous experience of delivering significant (six figure) financial targets to deadline
Interview dates: Monday 15th March 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work - but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
TO APPLY or view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification please visit our website for further details.