Programme Leader Postgraduate Diploma/MA Programme
£40,000 - £45,000 p.a
Full -Time (Monday - Friday) including half day clinical practice
Location: Homebased during lockdown / Core, 175 St John Street, London EC1V 4LW
Your new employer:
Place2Be seeks to appoint a senior academic with considerable experience in managing academic programmes at Post-Graduate and Masters level. As the successful candidate you must hold a counselling qualification at Level 7 or above and have experience and knowledge of working within the school system. You must be capable of overseeing the complete student experience from recruitment, teaching, assessment, through to graduation, alongside development and re-design of the Post-Graduate course and the introduction of a new MA programme.
Your new role:
As our new Programme Leader you will have overall responsibility for leadership of the PG Dip/MA Programme which includes curriculum development, programme delivery, delegate learning, assessment and the assurance and enhancement of academic and quality standards. You will lead on the development and delivery of an outstanding student / delegate experience from enquiry through to programme completion and becoming part of the Place2Be alumni community.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of providing mental health provision for children, young people and families in schools. We require the Programme Leader and tutors to be skilled in facilitating the development of self-awareness, reflexivity, and the therapeutic use of self in participants in order that they are able to reach the competence requirements for professional practice. Specific training/teaching experience that addresses the planning, creation and facilitation of curriculums and experiential learning forums to support the development of these attributes, alongside robust theoretical knowledge and ethical professional practice, is required.
As Programme Leader you will be responsible for:
· Leading on the development, re-design, organisation and day to day management of key programmes, ensuring their relevance, currency, coherence, attractiveness and distinctiveness to delegates
· Contribute to new programme development as appropriate and ensure it reflects up-to-date practice in Place2Be Partner schools along with best practice in the wider field
· Work closely with the Programme Co-ordinator to ensure the smooth day to day running of the programme in line with the annual budget and departmental plan
· Ensure that all learning interventions reflect high quality standards including delegate understanding of content, ethical and safeguarding requirements
The successful applicant:
The ideal candidate, will already be working in an education or charity setting, perhaps as a Course Director, Course/Programme Lead or Head of Department with significant experience of delivering at MA/senior level.
The successful applicant, you’ll be able to demonstrate the following as part of your application:
· Qualified as a counsellor/psychotherapist to Level 7 (Masters Level) or above
· Experienced counselling/psychotherapy tutor at Level 7 or above in an HE setting
· Experienced assessor of counselling skills and theory at Level 7 or above
· BACP Registered/Accredited or UKCP/HPC registered
· Extensive experience of working as a counsellor/psychotherapist in a school setting
In return we offer a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance 5X annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended maternity/paternity pay
- Mobile Phone discount
A supportive organisation we offer strong and clear leadership as well as a fantastic working environment to ensure your early success.
For further information, or to speak to someone about this role please contact us.
Closing Date: Sunday 26th July 2020 at 11:59pm
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work - but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping give young people brighter futures.
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are keen to reflect the diversity of the partner schools we work in and are particularly interested in attracting applications from male candidates, as well as candidates from Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.