£40,000 per annum
5 days per week (Monday - Friday)
Core, 175 St John Street, London EC1V 4LW
Your new employer:
Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides children’s mental health services in over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils. Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life.
Are we the type of life changing organisation you’d like to work for? Yes…. then read on.
Your new role:
You will have responsibility for day to day leadership a suite of Place2Be Mental Health Training Programmes in addition to single-delivery Workshops and the Peer Mentoring Programme, this includes curriculum development, programme delivery, delegate learning, monitoring and evaluation. You will lead on the development and delivery of an outstanding delegate experience from enquiry through to programme completion. You will also be part of the Learning & Practice team based at 175 St John Street. You will report to the Head of Learning for Schools & Communities and ensure that Place2Be programme(s) are consistently quality assured through development, evaluation, delivery, supervision and moderation.
The successful candidate:
As the successful candidate you’ll have proven experience of leading on the development, organisation and day to day management of internal or externally based programmes for clinical staff.
The Programme Leader will be responsible for:
- Leading on the development, organisation and day to day management of the programme suite ensuring relevance, currency, coherence, attractiveness and distinctiveness to schools and other learning & teaching communities
- Contribute to new programme development as appropriate and ensure it reflects up-to-date practice in Place2Be Partner schools along with best practice in the wider field Working with Co-ordinators to Schedule Taster Days, Level 2 and 3 courses nationwide
- Work closely with the Development Programme Co-ordinator and the Business Systems team to
- Develop a departmental approach to transition to a new CRM and other systems
- Ensure that the programmes and any module specifications, programme materials and resources are accurate and up-to-date
As the successful candidate you’ll be able to demonstrate the following as part of your application:
- Qualified as a counsellor/psychotherapist to Level 5 or above, or other equivalent experience in a Mental Health role.
- Experience of line management, staff appraisal and development
- BACP Registered/Accredited or UKCP/HPC registered or equivalent accrediting body for qualification
- Initiates, builds and maintains sustainable key stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrates competency in using Microsoft Office, emails, cloud-based technology and the internet
- Experience of working dynamically with diversity and difference to bring about change
- Currently practising as a counsellor/psychotherapist for children and able to continue doing so in this role
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended maternity/paternity pay
A supportive organisation we offer strong and clear leadership as well as a fantastic working environment to ensure your early success.
*Please note: internally this role is called Programme Leader- Schools and Communities
For further information, please visit our website and apply via our website by completing the application form.
Closing Date: Sunday 29th March 2020 at 11.59pm
Interviews: Monday 06th April 2020
If You share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work - but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping give young people brighter futures.
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are keen to reflect the diversity of the partner schools we work in and are particularly interested in attracting applications from male candidates, as well as candidates from Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.