Location: 175, St John Street, Farringdon, London EC1V 4LW
Salary: £58k + Benefits*
We are delighted to be recruiting a Regional Director to our operational region London and West!
As Regional Director you will provide strong strategic and professional leadership for all aspects of Place2Be service delivery; translate and deliver Place2Be’s mission, values and business priorities into operational plans, KPIs and local delivery.
You will have overall responsibility for leading and developing our mental health services in the region. In your position as Regional Director, you will lead, build and develop school-based service management teams, ensuring appropriate professional development, training and succession plans are in place and that resources are available to meet service commitments.
To be considered for this position you will have a demonstrable track record of delivering results with quality outcomes. You will need to be a collaborative team player, concerned with team success as well as individual performance.
You must have experience of financial and budget management including planning, development, forecasting and business development. The successful candidate needs to have an astute understanding of the clinical work carried out by Place2Be.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
following geographical regions:
- London Central
- London North
- London North West
- London South West
- London Thames
- London West & Home Counties
- London South & Surrey
Travel across this region may be required
- drive and deliver high quality standards in Place2Be schools; ensuring standards are met or exceeded
- ensure policies and procedures are effectively implemented and adhered to
- hold accountability for school retention and development of best-in-class partnerships with Place2Be schools
- identify opportunities for growth and development through partnership building with a range of stake holders such as Clinical Commission Groups, Academy Trusts etc.
- lead, build and develop effective relationships with the regional Business Development Managers and Regional Clinical Lead to ensure continued delivery and expansion of Place2Be services
- take lead responsibility for safeguarding management and work with the Head of Safeguarding to ensure best practice of all safeguarding issues and concerns in line with Place2Be’s policy
- be accountable for Place2Be service that delivers a whole-school approach to mental health; involving sourcing adequate numbers of trainee counsellors through local colleges, universities and other providers
As the successful candidate, you will:
- possess degree level qualification or equivalent
- have experience leading multi-functional teams at senior management level and fostering a culture of learning, growth and professional development
- have a track record of delivering results with quality outcomes
- have demonstrable experience in leading and developing clinical services for children and young people
- experience of previously building and nurturing strong relationships both internally and externally
- experience of financial and budget management including planning, development, forecasting and setting
- have a proven ability to think strategically, use initiative and to actively seek innovative approaches to problem solving and delivering results
- possess strong interpersonal skills including motivation, negotiating, influencing and networking to build strong internal and external relationships
- have good understanding of quality assurance and effective performance monitoring
1st Interview date: Wednesday 5th May 2021
2nd Interview date: Monday 10th May 2021
If you wish to have an informal discussion, have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, or need additional information please contact our recruitment team via our website.
*In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the ‘comprehensive CAMHS system’.
Through our professional development programme, we are training c1200 Counsellors on Placement each year who build their mental health and counselling skills and experience through practice in our partner schools. We also provide a range of professional development programmes on mental health and wellbeing for school leaders, teachers and other professionals who work with children and young people, so we can help to build ‘mentally healthy’ schools and communities where all children can thrive and flourish.
We continue to pilot, trial and explore new ways in which we can develop our practice as well as share learning, expertise and findings from the robust evidence and evaluation we gather. HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is our Royal Patron and Place2Be is one of the founding charity partners of Heads Together. We also work collaboratively with a range of charities and expert organisations to leverage best-in-class knowledge and expertise to inform, develop and improve outcomes for the children, families and schools we support.
We ask our staff team to share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity, and to have the skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable children and families.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.