About The Role
You will lead an experienced and motivated Counsellor on Placement Co-ordinator team to successfully oversee the recruitment process for c1200 Counsellors on Placement, who come from colleges/universities and other providers to deliver school partnership counselling services during their training or who may already be adult trained but wish to gain experience of working with children and young people. You will work with our regional Clinical teams and Area Managers, to ensure we deliver presentations to students, so that we can build a pipeline of counsellors on placement that can be ready to start placements on a termly basis.
Working with senior operational managers who are accountable for delivering quality school-based services across England, Scotland and Wales, you will ensure accurate information is available on number of placements required for each school in a defined geographical area.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
- focus on attraction and engagement in our hard-to-fill areas, with an aim to meeting placement requirements
- lead and support the Placement co-ordinator team, to ensure they are working closely with their regions to understand placement requirements and ensure that all placements have a timely and smooth onboarding journey.
- manage high value college/university relationships by working with clinical colleagues to ensure strong relationships are developed and maintained with Course Leaders and Tutors
- understand who are the main providers of child specific courses and establish when students commence suitable courses, so we can build our pipeline based on when they will be ready to come on placement
- work with the Clinical Learning Team Lead and Safeguarding Teams, to ensure induction training can take place on site in some colleges/universities, where we may have a high level of applicants. You will work with management to ensure they are regularly updating information on when placements start at a school and when the leave. Without this we are unable to produce up-to-date and accurate recruitment information on retention
- establish a suite of KPIs for the team - time from the time an interested applicant is invited for interview, time to go through clearance, time from being offered a placement to starting in a school
- be responsible for reviewing the existing interview assessment process, alongside clinical colleagues, to ensure we are taking applicants through a robust application & assessment process
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds.
Additionally, for our clinical roles we are particularly keen in attracting male candidates to reflect the diversity of the partner schools and communities we work in.
All successful applicants to clinical roles will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG.
The successful candidate:
You will have:
- a proven track record of successfully implementing large scale Graduate attraction/volunteer programmes or engagement schemes in a medium to large scale company
- a strong background / experience attracting students or graduate professionals, consistently meeting targets and over delivering
- experience of student placements from either colleges or universities background
- experience – line managing a recruitment team, ideally for graduate or charity volunteers
- understanding of relevant employment law and associated Codes of Practice (Data Protection Act)
- good self accountability in standards of performance successfully dealing with a range of difficult and often complex situations without support or guidance form others
- previous experience of recruiting and attracting clinical applicants (is desirable)
- experience of collaboratively working with and engaging senior operational managers to deliver graduate or volunteer recruitment needs
Interview Date: Thursday 27th August 2020 via ZOOM
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the ‘comprehensive CAMHS system’.
Through our professional development programme, we are training c1200 Counsellors on Placement each year who build their mental health and counselling skills and experience through practice in our partner schools. We also provide a range of professional development programmes on mental health and wellbeing for school leaders, teachers and other professionals who work with children and young people, so we can help to build ‘mentally healthy’ schools and communities where all children can thrive and flourish.
We continue to pilot, trial and explore new ways in which we can develop our practice as well as share learning, expertise and findings from the robust evidence and evaluation we gather. HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is our Royal Patron and Place2Be is one of the founding charity partners of Heads Together. We also work collaboratively with a range of charities and expert organisations to leverage best-in-class knowledge and expertise to inform, develop and improve outcomes for the children, families and schools we support. We ask our staff team to share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity, and to have the skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable children and families.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.