About The Role
Fixed Term Contract for 1 Year
Days: 3-4 per week
Working Pattern: Monday - Friday (various days)
Location: Manchester and London
Place2Be are currently recruiting Staff Trainers in Manchester and London. We have a number of fixed term contracts for 3- or 4- day per week Trainers. Our Learning and Development team offer counselling training from Level 2 up to PGDip and ongoing CPD for the Children’s Mental Health Workforce, and non-clinical mental health programmes for educators. As we continue to expand and extend our offer we are looking for additional Staff and Contracted Trainers to support this work across England.
As a Staff Trainer, you will be delivering a range of Learning and Development programmes as assigned by Place2Be, according to the content outline, to a consistently high standard and continuously engage in ongoing professional development, keeping up to date with current issues in children’s mental health.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
- deliver all Place2Be’s programmes with confidence, inspiring participants with an awareness of the importance of mental health and their opportunity and ability to bring about change in their setting
- present a professional impression of the organisation by ensuring that all required resources are prepared, appropriate and available as required by participants
- ensure that all reports, forms and feedback are shared with the relevant Learning and Development Programme Coordinators
- engage in ongoing development as a trainer using the frameworks, support and processes provided by Place2Be
- communicate with members of the Learning and Development teams outside of training delivery time regarding administrative and clinical issues
- deliver the range of Learning and Development programmes as assigned by Place2Be, according to the content outline, to a consistently high standard
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from applicants from diverse groups who underrepresented.
Additionally, for our clinical roles we are particularly keen in attracting male candidates to reflect the diversity of the partner schools and communities we work in.
All successful applicants to clinical roles will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG.
The successful candidate
- a recognised professional qualification in counselling or psychotherapy
- a membership of a professional association relevant to counselling or psychotherapy, (e.g. BACP, UKCP, BAPT, HPC, NCS)
- previous experience of delivering training to adults; confident in training at a senior level
- good working knowledge of the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and can demonstrate practical experience of applying this framework
- strong knowledge and interest in a range of therapeutic and counselling approaches
- ability to recognise and work actively with changing dynamics during training activities, exercises and group work. Able to work constructively with conflict in a group-based training session
1st Interview: 20th and 21st December 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
Please feel free to contact our Recruitment team via our website if you have any questions about this role, or would like to speak to someone.
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.