Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
We are recruiting for a Head of Organisational Performance: Planning, Insights & Reporting to join our Delivery, Performance and Accountability team, partnering with leadership across the organisation.
You will play a key role towards further progress of our strategic ambition to advance children’s rights and equality for girls, bringing together key insights to inform Plan International’s global five-year strategy implementation, providing organisational planning and performance frameworks and standards and driving organisational solutions across Plan International.
Key accountabilities will include;
- Developing and implementing global process frameworks (guidance, standard, tools, templates, roles/ responsibilities, oversight, governance, etc.) for business planning, performance and reporting across Plan International.
- Ensuring key performance indicators and relevant metrics and targets are set and agreed with clear accountabilities and ownership
- Lead on analysis of performance and results against performance metrics, drawing out conclusions and recommendations to facilitate organisational wide views and decision making
- Work with the Executive Directors and their senior team to ensure that both the content and the spirit of the global strategy and annual plans are being implemented effectively and meeting agreed performance metrics. In particular;
- Working with the Director of Organisational Effectiveness to prioritise actions and solutions. This may involve leading independently or working effectively with global operational and functional leaders on key initiatives to respond to Country Office needs.
- Partnering with Executive Directors to provide timely information on performance, issues, challenges and opportunities. Setting accountability plans in agreement with accountable business areas and monitoring and reporting progress
- Resourcing initiatives and putting in place a system to support demand and supply of short term Disaster Risk Management and other technical and functional resources to support the needs of Country Offices to deliver on their ambition
With significant professional expertise in developing, implementing and embedding planning cycles, performance reporting and strategic decision making in a global large geographically dispersed, complex organization you will have in depth knowledge and experience of cross organisational change management.
Excellent influencing skills, stakeholder management, facilitation and negotiation at a senior leadership level are essential for this role. You are a highly collaborative individual able to prioritise and manage work in a fast paced environment across multiple projects and work effectively both independently and with others.
Location: Flexible where Plan International has a legal entity and the applicant has the pre-existing right to work and live. Those locations closest to Plan International's point of impact are preferred.