Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
As a member of a dynamic team providing overall support to the Global Procurement Manager & Director of Logistics and Procurement, you will have authority to procure on behalf of Plan International and commit expenditure externally with third parties. You will engage with procurement staff across the organisation, as well as suppliers.
The following are key functions of the role:
- Work with internal and external stakeholders and support them to determine procurement needs, quality and delivery requirements across a diverse range of procurement categories.
- Run tender processes from identifying organisational needs with key stakeholders through to award of contract;
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions.
- Maintain supplier relationships and manage supplier performance on key contracts.
- You will also raise and process requests for quotations and research new suppliers for new goods and services.
- Support the team and contribute by raising and processing Requisitions and POs as required.
Ideally, we would like you to have:
- Previous, relevant experience gained within a Procurement Function in which you have developed, supported and maintained processes and systems. Working in an international organisation would be useful, as would a relevant qualification such as CIPS (or equivalent) - either part or fully qualified.
- Experience in the creation and articulation of contracts and their proactive management through life.
- Great analytical skills; able to manipulate large volumes of data efficiently.
- Experience in operating a tender; linking into financial systems, management of a supply chain and an understanding of the impacts of sustainability in the procurement process.
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills; able to actively listen, establish and develop internal and external stakeholder relationships at all levels.
- Successful negotiation experience; capable of identifying value drivers on different types of procurement.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) would be advantageous, as would aptitude with Excel.
Location: Flexible Location (Preferably Global Hub, Woking or where Plan International has a legal entity and you have the pre-existing right to live and work). Employment terms will be based on local conditions.
Type of Role: Permanent
Reports to: Procurement Category Manager
Closing Date: Sunday 12 July