The Digital Marketing Executive at Platypus Digital will work with the Digital Strategist and Digital Advertising Manager to help build campaigns for our clients to support their digital marketing, and manage our training function.
Day-to-day, you’ll be managing the set up of Facebook campaigns. You’ll create campaign copy (short and long-form), manage blog and content creation, and write easily-digestible end of campaign reports to help improve our charity clients’ understanding of their campaign activity.
You will both organise and run training sessions for our clients so that we’re sharing everything we know with the charity sector, and organise opportunities for our clients to network with their peers.
Our team get lots of autonomy to show their skills, so you’ll be confident and independent enough to really shine.
Ideally, you are:
- super-keen on digital marketing
- interested in making a positive difference for our charity clients
- organised, with experience of working on multiple projects at the same time
- lovely to work with
- someone experienced with digital marketing, especially delivering Facebook paid advertising campaigns
- confident in delivering presentations or training
- someone who has worked in-house at a charity or in a similar agency-side role
Location: Runway East, London Bridge (SE1)
Role type: Full time, permanent.
Salary: £28,000-33,000 pa
Closing date for applications: 1 September 2019, 11pm
How to apply: Fill in this form. If you would prefer to submit a video application, rather than a written one, email us and we’ll let you know the best way to do that.
More details – who we are
Platypus Digital is a digital marketing agency for the charity sector, based in London. We work with charities, social enterprises and other organisations doing great work.
We believe that digital is a powerful force to get important messages in front of people when they need them the most.
Why work for us?
We want Platypus Digital to be a great place to work. We aren’t talking bean bags for seats or break out rooms with foosball tables. We mean the stuff that makes a real difference to your working life.
We work with charities because we genuinely want to make a difference in the world and in order to do great work, we need a happy and fulfilled team.
So at Platypus Digital, you get:
- a flexible working schedule – choose your hours, days and work from home regularly
- flexible holiday – we encourage staff to just take time off when they need it, starting with a minimum of 21 days per calendar year, plus UK bank holidays
- £1,000 to donate to the charity of our choice in March each year
- up to 10% of your time to work pro-bono for a charity of our choice
- your pension contributions matched up to 5%
- an agency that lives by its values
- Cycle to Work Scheme or rail ticket loan
- a new Macbook, PC or Chromebook of your choice
- a culture of believing in the expertise of our team, letting them lead projects
- a culture of finding and dealing with problems, not ignoring them
- the chance to try new things when you want to, without submitting long proposals in triplicate
- A big training budget to build deep expertise
- the chance to work with lots of different people at lots of different charities and causes
- the chance to showcase your work at our events, on webinars and our blog
- regular social events, rooftop yoga and pub quizzes at our office in Runway East in London Bridge
We have a track record of hiring for attitude and training for skill. So if you lack the skills but feel like you share our values and have a burning desire to go on a steep learning curve, then apply for the role.
What you will do
Manage campaigns for clients (50% of your time):
- Build Facebook Ads campaigns for clients
- Create content for campaigns (Facebook Ads, emails)
- Analyse campaign results data and write reports for our clients
Deliver training and organise events (30% of your time):
- Manage our training function – delivering in person sessions to paying clients, creating video trainings and facilitating online learning sessions
- Organise meetups and video meetups
- Book in meetings such as stakeholder interviews and client presentations
Content creation and management (20% of your time):
- Outreach to blog writers and organising submissions of content
- Put together and manage our Platypus Digital emails to the charity community
Work with clients and the team – all the time
- Work closely with our clients to make sure we get the most out of our relationship and they are happy with our work
- Tell colleagues quickly when something goes wrong so they can help fix it and make suggestions about possible solutions
- Talk to colleagues regularly about how projects are going and how well content is performing
- Spot new opportunities for our charity clients and for us as an organisation to improve and develop
Key skills and experience
- Experience of digital content creation, including Facebook ads and email copy
- Experience of following brand and tone of voice guidelines
- Experience of working on lots of different projects at once
- Confident enough to talk to a room full of people
- Strong attention to detail
- Really nice to work with
- A commitment to the work of charities
Nice to have, but not essential
- Experience in a digital campaigning or fundraising role within a charity
- Experience of building and managing Facebook Ads
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of working in agencies
- Managing projects using collaborative cloud-based tools
- Experience of using Mailchimp or other email platforms
- Basic HTML skills
Tools you will use
- Facebook Ads Manager
- Google Analytics
- G-suite (Google Docs and Sheets)
- Photoshop (or other image editing platforms)
How to apply
- Fill in the form, giving details of your relevant experience and reasons for wanting to work for Platypus Digital.
- If you sound like a good fit, we will invite you to an in-person interview at our offices in London Bridge.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.