We are looking for a digital project manager. You will help manage the organisation of digital marketing projects for our lovely charity clients.
You will make sure the planning, delivery and execution of paid and organic search, display, paid social, and data projects are on track.
- You will coordinate the briefing, scoping, planning, delivery and reporting of our projects.
- You will work with our team to understand what our projects need and their current processes. You will then create project plans in Asana, and sync timelines using Instagantt.
- You will make sure we deliver our projects on time.
- You will be the go-to person for information on our projects’ progress for our team and clients.
- You will make sure project stakeholders do their elements of the project on time, reminding then where necessary
About the role
Location: Currently remote
Role type: Freelance or fixed term contract.
Closing date for applications: Rolling applications. We will keep recruitment open until we find the right candidate.
How to apply: Apply using our online application form - https://forms.gle/iBih6EFZxi8Kessx8
Details of what you will do
- Collaborate with Platypus staff to design, develop and implement our projects
- Help coordinate the resources of Platypus staff and freelancer time, as well as client time
- Communicate with clients about the progress of their projects
- Make sure our projects are delivered on-time
- Ensure everyone is on board with any delegated tasks
- Develop detailed project plans in our project management platform, Asana.
- Use Asana to track the progress of projects
- Manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate problems to the right member of staff
- Highlight potential risks
- Be proactive to solve any problems
- Suggest improvements in how we set up and run our projects
In short, you’ll be good at managing projects!
You will be:
- great at communicating with people using different channels
- comfortable juggling a lot of different tasks
- a great problem solver.
You’ll be able to:
- deal with a range of stakeholders
- work autonomously
- challenge and influence decision making when required.
- Able to understand project objectives and how they relate to organisational strategy.
- Understanding of the key stages in projects
- Working knowledge / understanding of the types of projects we work on. These include consultancy, search marketing, conversion rate optimisation and paid social media advertising campaigns.
Qualifications / methodologies
Ideally, you will have a recognised accreditation in professional project management such as:
- Agile Project Management
- APM Practitioner Qualification
- APM Registered Project Professional
- Project Leadership Programme or other related qualification
If you don’t have any of these qualifications, you will need to show that you can deliver projects using another project management methodology.
We are working hard to become an anti-racist and truly inclusive employer.
Our team is friendly, supportive and constantly working to improve its culture. We have a diverse team, and we really encourage applications from people of colour, women, new parents, people with disabilities and anyone identifying as LGBTQ+.
Platypus Digital is a Living Wage accredited employer.
We have a blind recruitment process in place for this role to minimise the possibility of unconscious bias.
This means our shortlist will have names, education, links to social media profiles and locations removed to reduce the chance of unconscious bias, so we only take candidates forward based on ability.
Here’s the whole process.
- Applicants complete an online application form
- Personal information is removed by our HR company
- They share the long-list with Platypus Digital
- Platypus Digital shortlists based on application answers alone
- Our HR company contacts the shortlisted candidates to arrange interview times (early and late slots are available)
- The interview will start with a time limited test for the candidate to work through alone.
- The interview questions will test project management ability. They will be scored individually by the panel, which will include someone from our HR company.
- After the interview, the panel will gather the completed sheets and calculate scores.
- Finally, we contact the successful candidate.
These will cover:
- how well you would adhere to our values (weighted one third of the total score)
- details of you manage projects (weighted one third of the total score)
- how you would communicate with our clients using email, video call and (when it’s safe) in-person meetings (weighted one third of the total score)
Promotion of this role
We are promoting this role through:
- Our email list
- Our individual networks via email and social media
- One to one outreach by our staff and clients to reach networks it wouldn’t normally reach
- Umbrella organisations like Black Women in Tech
- One to one outreach
The interview panel will be Matt Collins (MD), Will Cardy (Head of search and data, who will work with the post holder) and Sian Whittington of Bespoke HR (who support Platypus Digital in all aspects of HR).
The three interviewers will score each answer 1 (not demonstrated ability), 2 (partially demonstrated ability and 3 (fully demonstrated ability).
Interview scores will then be compared across three interviewers
Total scores will be compared to find a candidate who demonstrates ability to do the job
Where ability scores are equal, the candidate with the best values scores will be selected
How to apply
Apply online via our application form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.