Platypus Digital is looking for a search marketing executive to join our growing team.
You’ll take ownership of the day-to-day Google Ad Grants and paid Google Ads optimisation and planning for our charity clients.
You’ll plan search activity, campaign copy, uploads via the Google Ads Editor, ongoing optimisation via third-party tools and delivering detailed insight reports to help improve our charity clients’ understanding of their campaign activity.
Our team gets a lot of autonomy to show their skills, so you’ll be confident and independent enough to really shine.
Location: London Bridge, SE1 (home working during the pandemic and flexible working beyond it)
Role type: Full time, permanent.
Salary range: £34,000-38,000
Closing date for applications: 19th May 2021, 8am
How to apply: Complete the linked questions via Google Forms (full details below).
Who we’re looking for
We want to hear from you if you are:
- super-keen on search marketing;
- someone who wants to make a positive difference in the world;
- lovely to work with;
- can use the Google Ads and Analytics platforms;
- someone who has worked in-house at a charity or in a similar agency-side role (ideally with 1 year of paid or organic search experience).
What you will do
Search marketing – 65% of your time
- Audit and benchmark Google Ads account activity based on insights using tools such as Optmyzr, Wordstream and SEMrush as well as user and stakeholder research
- Assist on the maintenance and monitoring of our portfolio of client accounts; including policies, keyword bids, budgets, impression share, quality score and other important account metrics.
- Deliver detailed keyword research and recommendations based on agreed account structures and goals
- Write effective, keyword-rich ad copy tailored to objectives that also adhere to Google’s best practices
- Write detailed client-facing recommendations based on Google’s best practice and agreed on client objectives
- Be the first touchpoint for clients on all paid search activity
Display advertising – 15% of your time
- Liaise with our product-side account managers to optimise ongoing prospecting and remarketing campaigns across the web
- Plan and recommend campaign journeys using Google Analytics and platform-specific reporting tools
- Make creative recommendations based on insights from well planned creative and audience tests
- Report on existing campaign activity and give key insights to clients on campaign activity
Reporting – 20% of your time
- Create dashboards in Google Analytics and Data Studio to keep clients up to date with campaign activity
- Track and update clients on weekly tasks and optimisations
- Plan and build monthly insights reports covering the metrics that matter most to our clients, such as conversion rate, revenue and cost per acquisition
- Advise clients on what actions they should take as a result of the information in reports
Working with clients and the team – all the time
- Work closely with our client-side colleagues to make sure we get the most out of our relationship and they are happy with our work
- Tell colleagues quickly when something goes wrong so they can help fix it
- Talk to colleagues regularly about how projects are going
Key skills and experience
- Sound working knowledge of Google Ads platform and search theory
- Sound working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Demonstrable experience in search marketing
- Strong attention to detail
- Really nice to work with
- A commitment to the work of charities
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience in a digital campaigning or fundraising role within a charity
- Experience of working in agencies
- Individual or Agency qualifications from Google
- Managing projects using collaborative cloud-based tools
- Ability to look at a set of data, and make recommendations off the back of it
Who we are and what we do
We are a digital marketing agency that only works with charities. We want to use digital to make a positive difference in the world.
You’ll be working for an organisation whose values really guide their work. They are:
- Make a positive difference
- Constantly improve
- Communicate openly
- Support each other
You’ll work with some of the most exciting charities in the UK, such as Sightsavers, Barnardo’s and Concern Worldwide (and a few we can’t wait to announce). You’ll help them to plan, manage and execute paid search, display and landing page testing – all campaigns that make a positive difference in the world.
You’ll collaborate with friendly experts in the team through one to one meetings, team meetings, team retros and weekly whole team lunches.
You’ll work with lots of friendly clients who really value our work. One client said “With Platypus, it’s not flash in the pan stuff – they’re genuinely interested in helping us build sustainable programs. We enjoy a fantastic relationship with them. Platypus are easily the agency that my team enjoys working with most.”
Why work for us?
We want Platypus Digital to be a great place to work. We work with charities because we genuinely want to make a difference in the world and to do great work, we need a happy and fulfilled team.
We have a culture of:
- flexible working from home, part-time, flexitime and job-sharing available
- the chance to work with lots of different people at great charities
- a culture of believing in the expertise of our team, letting them lead projects
- the chance to try new things when you want to, without submitting long proposals in triplicate
- the chance to showcase your work at our events, on webinars and our blog
- weekly team lunches and quarterly team socials
So at Platypus Digital, you get:
- 43 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays
- NEST Pension contributions matched up to 5%
- quarterly profit share scheme
- at least £2,000 training budget per team member
- a yearly £1,000 donation to a charity of your choice, we will also match a donation of your choice up to £20 per month
- 10% of your hours to use pro bono for a charity of your choice
- a paid five week-long sabbatical after five years of service, and every five years after that
If you are keen to make a difference with search marketing, are committed to our values, we will give you all the training and experience you need to progress with us.
How to apply
The application process will follow our blind recruitment process, in these stages:
- Fill in the linked form, giving details of your relevant experience and reason for wanting to work for Platypus Digital by 8am on the 19 May 2021.
- If we shortlist you, we will email you. We’ll organise a time to email you a 1-hour task to assess your skills. You can do this during the week commencing 24 May 2021, including on an evening or weekend day.
- If the task goes well, we will invite you to a video call interview via Google Meet on a time and date that works for everyone.
And if you have any questions about the role or if you’re not sure whether to apply, just email as we’re happy to discuss things before you apply.
Please note, we will not be using recruitment agencies to fill this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.