We’re recruiting for a paid social marketing executive role in our paid social team, with a salary range of £33,000-37,000 per annum.
Who we’re looking for
We want to hear from you if you are:
- super-keen on paid social marketing
- someone who wants to make a positive difference in the world
- lovely to work with
- can use Facebook Ads and Google Analytics
- someone who has worked in-house at a charity or in a similar agency-side role (ideally with experience in paid social or another biddable media role).
Location: London Bridge, SE1 (home working during the pandemic and flexible working beyond it)
Role type: Full time, permanent.
Salary range: £33,000 – 37,000 p/a
Closing date for applications: 3rd August 2021 at 8am
How to apply: Complete the online application form.
What you will do
You’ll take ownership of the day-to-day paid Facebook and Instagram planning and optimisation for our charity clients.
You’ll plan paid social activity, audiences and campaign copy. You’ll upload campaigns via Facebook Ads Manager, optimise them via third-party tools and deliver detailed insight reports that help our charity clients’ understand how their campaigns are going.
Our team gets a lot of autonomy to show their skills, so you’ll be confident and independent enough to really shine.
Campaign management – 70% of your time
- Assist in developing advertising strategy for campaigns
- Assist in planning audience strategies and build audiences in Facebook
- Create content for campaigns
- Plan budget splits and daily spends for Facebook Ad campaigns
- Build Facebook Ads campaigns for clients
- Plan and implement UTM tracking parameters and work with our developer to ensure all tracking for campaigns is working before campaigns launch
- Optimise campaigns to get the best results for our clients through A/B testing and audience testing
- Conduct channel reviews for review projects
Reporting – 30% of your time
- Create dashboards via Supermetrics, Google Analytics and Data Studio to keep clients up to date with campaign activity
- Track and update clients on weekly tasks and optimisations
- Plan and build monthly insights reports covering the metrics that matter most to our clients, such as conversion rate, return on ad spend and cost per acquisition
- Advise clients on what actions they should take as a result of the information in reports
Working with clients and the team – all the time
- Work closely with our client contacts to make sure we get the most out of our relationship and they are happy with our work
- Talk to colleagues regularly about how projects are going
- Spot new opportunities for our charity clients and for us as an agency to improve and develop
- Tell colleagues quickly when things go wrong so they can help
Tools you will use
- Facebook Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Workplace (including Gmail, Calendar, Docs and Sheets)
Key skills and experience
- Sound working knowledge of Facebook Ads and social strategy
- Knowledge of tracking pixels, UTM parameters and basic code implementation
- Strong attention to detail
- A desire to create positive change in the world
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience in a digital campaigning or fundraising role within a charity
- Experience of working in agencies
- Individual or Agency qualifications from Facebook
- Experience of managing projects using collaborative cloud-based tools like Asana
- Ability to look at a set of data, and use it to make recommendations
- Experience in using reporting tools like Supermetrics and Google Sheets
Who we are
We are a digital marketing agency that only works with charities. We want to use digital to make a positive difference in the world.
We do this through digital marketing services like paid search, paid social, creating digital marketing strategies, and more.
Our values are really important to us. They are:
- Make a positive difference
- Constantly improve
- Communicate openly
- Support each other
You’ll work with charities like Barnardo’s, Versus Arthritis and Young Lives vs Cancer to raise money and connect them to people who are looking for support.
You’ll collaborate with friendly experts in the team through one to one meetings, team meetings, team retros and weekly whole team lunches.
You’ll work with lots of lovely clients who really value our work.
Why work for us?
We want Platypus Digital to be a great place to work. We work with charities because we genuinely want to make a difference in the world and to do great work, we need a happy and fulfilled team.
We have a culture of:
- flexible working from home, part-time, flexitime and job-sharing available
- the chance to work with lots of different people at great charities
- a culture of believing in the expertise of our team, letting them lead projects
- the chance to try new things when you want to, without submitting long proposals in triplicate
- the chance to showcase your work at our events, on webinars and on our blog
So at Platypus Digital, you get:
- 43 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays
- NEST Pension contributions matched up to 5%
- quarterly profit share scheme
- a monthly wellbeing benefit (while the team is fully remote)
- at least £2,000 training budget per team member
- a yearly £1,000 donation to a charity of your choice, we will also match a donation of your choice up to £20 per month
- Up to 10% of your hours to use pro bono for a charity of your choice
- a paid five-week-long sabbatical after five years of service, and every five years after that
- weekly team lunches and quarterly team socials
If you are keen to make a difference with social marketing and are committed to our values, we will give you all the training and experience you need to progress with us.
How to apply
- Fill in this form, giving details of your relevant experience and reason for wanting to work for Platypus Digital by 3rd August 2021 at 8am.
- If we shortlist you, we will email you. We’ll organise a time to email you a 1-hour task to assess your skills. You can do this during the week commencing 9th August, including on an evening or weekend day.
- If the task goes well, we will invite you to a video call interview via Google Meet on a time and date that works for everyone.
And if you have any questions about the role – from who you’d be working with, the kind of work you’d do, whether you should apply – just email to set up a quick call. We’re more than happy to discuss anything you like before you decide whether to apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.